Chapter 30

I wake up in a familiar-like room. The walls are all white and it's super bright. When I try to sit up, pain shoots up in my body. I look down and see I'm hooked up to dozens of cords. My heart beat races and I hear it on a machine.

"Jack? Jack!! Where are you? Jack!!!!" I start screaming and crying. "JACK! Help!!!! Please Jack!!" A nurse runs in.

"Sweetheart, shh. It's okay! Are you okay? Calm down. I need you to take a few deep breaths," she tells me trying to calm me down. I do as she says and gain my composure. "Okay honey, I'm going to go get Jack, he's in the waiting room. Just stay calm or he can't come in okay?" I nod and wait for Jack to come.

The door opens a few minutes later and Jack runs in. He gently gives me a hug and I flinch.

"Baby, are you okay? Oh my god baby. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry!" He starts caressing my cheek. His face has blood and scars all over it. "Do you remember what happened?"

"Not really. I remember going shopping and laughing in the car but it's all a blur."

"Well when we were laughing, I guess I wasn't looking at the road, and I swerved and when I looked back, I tried swerving out of the other lane but I didn't have time. A truck hit us. It wasn't a semi, it was more like a Durango. So it wasn't as bad as a semi hitting us, but we did have a lot of damage. And I was conscious so I was able to call for 911. We flipped 3 times. That's what gave you most of your damage. You have a broken arm and thankfully that's about all the damage. The rest is just smaller things. They also gave you an ultrasound to check the babies and they were okay. I had my arm around your stomach protecting them. My collarbone, arm and elbow and wrist all broke but I don't care." I look at him at notice his right arm is in a sling. He's silent for a few moments. "Lizzy, I'm so happy you're okay. I was so scared that our babies died or you died. I really hope you realize how much I love you and our babies. And I really hope you know I would do anything to save you baby."

I burst out in tears and he hugs me softly. "Thank you Jack. They probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't for you. I love you." I kiss him and he winces. He has a cut on his lip. "Where are my parents? And how long have I been here? And when can I leave?" I start asking multiple questions.

"They went home. They've been here since we got here. We've been here since yesterday afternoon. And when can you leave? I'm not sure baby." He pulls up a chair with his good arm and sits in it. "But what I am sure about, is I'm not going to leave until you can leave." He takes my right hand in his left hand. My left arm is the one that's broken.

~A Couple Hours Later~

When I wake up, I look over and see Jack still sitting there holding my hand. His head is bent over and he's making soft breathing noises. I feel so safe with him.

Go re-read chapter 17. I fixed it(: