Chapter 9

I just realized I haven't made any updates for a while. I've been busy writing other chapters, and I'm up to chapter 14. So I think for every chapter I update, I'll write two more. (: enjoy! This is super cute I think!

Jack walks me out the door and opens the passenger door open for me. He runs to his side as I throw my blanket and pillow to the back, noticing more pillows and a basket.

"What's all this Jack?"

"Oh I already knew I was going to take you out even if everything went wrong. I would have taken you where we are going on the way to my house if that's what was going to happen," he says as he looks at the road.

"So where are we going?"

"That, my dear, is a surprise."

There's a comfortable silence, unlike the one earlier today on the way to the store. Wow, today has been an eventful day. Jack holds the steering wheel with one hand, the other holding mine. No music. No talking. Just silence. And it's perfect. Just being here with Jack.

The car turns and we park. We are in the middle of a park behind the football stadium.

"What are we doing here?"

"Grab some blankets." I grab some blankets and pillows and he grabs the basket. He brings me a little way from the car and sets the basket down and grabs some blankets from me. He lays them out and puts the pillows on top. He pats the place right next to him and I sit down. He puts his arm around my shoulders and we fall back onto the pillows.

"So you never answered my question. What are we doing here?"

"Just look up. Just look at those stars."

I gaze up and see the night sky filled with diamonds. It sparkles. From my house, you can't really see them because of the houses surrounding mine and the trees we plant that surround our backyard.

I look up at Jack, then nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck. It's amazing how such a bad boy who parties every week and probably was banging all the girls at school at the parties, can be changed in a month into such a romantic guy. Since we've began dating, he hasn't gone to any parties or smoked weed.

"Hey, Liz, can I say something?"

"Yeah of course babe."

"So I know we've only dated a month. It feels like longer. And I don't know, but considering the circumstances, I guess I just feel like this is a time where I can maybe tell you this. And you don't have to say the same thing to me. But I think I love you. And I'm sure the feelings are going to grow as we're with each other longer and all, but I do love you." He takes a deep breath.

"Jack, I love you too. I really really do. You're amazing. And I'm really happy you're here for me. It's going to make this easier. I don't know if I can do this alone."

"You won't be alone. I'm here for you okay? I'm not leaving."

We both pause. We just listen to the nature around us, enjoying the night sky. The crickets chirp and the owls hoot. It just sounds so magical.

"Lizzy? Do you think I'll be a good dad? I mean, if we keep it."

"I know you would be a great dad. You're so caring and sweet. Do you think we should keep it?"

"I don't know. Part of me wants to say yes but the other part says no. It should go to a good home with parents who are older, and really know they want this. Because this is a big commitment. This is 18 years of our lives."

"Do you think we could handle it? The responsibility and the kid? I'm so scared."

"I know you are. It's going to be okay. I promise. And we have time to decide if we want to take on the responsibility. And if we do want to, I think we would do great at it. Doing this together."

"What if you don't stay?" I'm so afraid Jack will leave me because of him not wanting to take on a commitment like this.

"Lizzy stop saying that. I want to be with you. I'm not leaving because of this bump in the road." Suddenly, he sits up and leans over so his head hovers above my belly. He rests the side of his head on it.

"Don't give your mommy any trouble. She's scared right now. Be a good little boy and be nice. And daddy loves you. Okay? I know you're a boy and I'm gonna play baseball and basketball with you. And you can play with your Uncle Jack and Uncle Sam too. We haven't told them yet but I'm sure they'll be excited to get to play with you, little buddy. I'm not going to leave you. Daddy's here. I'm here to stay, okay buddy? Daddy loves you."

He kisses my belly then leans back so his head is in it's original place before he got up. He kisses the top of my head. I'm crying from what he just did and he wipes my tears from my face. I start laughing.

"How do you know it's a boy, silly?"

"I just know! There's two things he could be so I'm taking my bet it's a boy."

"I think it's a girl. She'll be your little princess. And I'll get to dress her up."

We both have a small banter about the gender for a few minutes when we both get tired. But then I remember the basket.

"Jack? What's in the basket?"

"Crap! I almost forgot. Um," he opens it and takes out a bouquet of wilted flowers. "They were pretty, but um, this happened. You know what, I'll just dump these and get you a new one."

"Aww Jack, the fact you did that is so sweet. You don't have to do that at all! You're such a cutie. I would never know you were such a romantic."

Soon, we got tired and decided to make our way back to Jack's so we don't fall asleep in the middle of the field. When we get upstairs, we get into bed and I cuddle my back into his front.

"I love you, Jack."

"I love you, Lizzy."