Chapter 7

"Fuck." Jack whispered. I just continue to stare at the test. Half of me is scared but the other half is rejoicing. I'm happy that I have a baby. Why am I happy?

I look up at Jack, a smile just barely hinted on my face. Until I see his. He has regret, anger, sadness, written all over. A frown takes it's place on my mouth.

"Jack. I'm sorry. I mean I don't know why I'm sorry... But I'm sorry." I burst into tears. I know he's going to leave me. What male teenager stays for things like this? They don't want to be responsible for a child at their age. Hell, we are both children still. We are only 17.

"Lizzy, don't say you're sorry. It's my fault. I forgot the condom. And I took that child development class last year for an easy a, and my teacher was joking around saying that the guys have the "magic potion"," he chuckles. But then it's replaced with the same expression of pain.

"I mean, I guess I could have gone on the pill but I never thought any guy liked me enough, much less wanted to have sex with me. And I wasn't even thinking about the morning after pill. That didn't even enter my mind."

"Yeah. Me either... What are we going to do?" He looks at me for the first time.

"I can't have an abortion. I'm completely against it unless it's life threatening or if it was rape. And this was not rape."

"No I'm 100% against it. There's no way. But do we want to keep it or give it up for adoption?"

"I don't know, Jack! We are still kids. This is our senior year. This is supposed to be the best year of our lives. And trust me, it has been, being with you. But this.. This is terrible." I break out crying again and he takes me in his arms. "I'm so scared you're going to leave me, Jack. I know you said you won't. But think about it. How many teen guys do you know that are excited to have a baby? How many of them stay? A very small percentage! What if that's not you?"

"Lizzy I promise-" I cut him off.

"Stop! Don't finish that. Don't promise something you could break. Especially a promise this big. If you leave, I don't want to be heartbroken by a promise you made that you broke. And I hold on to that promise for the rest of my life and you never come back. If you're going to say anything, just say you will be there for me until you know for a fact that you can make that promise without breaking it." I take a deep breath as I wait for him to respond.

"Alright. You are right. I don't know if I will stay. I want to. I want to stay for you and this child. But maybe something happens and I leave. It's not fair to you if I broke that promise. So I'll wait and see what happens okay? But for now. I won't let anything hurt you or my child. I'm here for you. You won't be alone, Liz. Alright?" He holds me close again and I cry into his shoulder.

"Jack!" I hear his mom, Katherine, call.

"Yeah mom I'm here!" He calls out in a shaky voice, like he's about to cry.

I hear her footsteps on the stairs. "Are you alright honey? You sound upset. Did something happen with Liz- oh hi sweetheart." She says when she sees me. But then she notices my eyes, the tears and the red puffiness. "What's going on? Jack?" She looks back and forth between us. Then she notices the tests on the bathroom counter. She knows. "Oh my god." She takes me from his grasps and holds me. I cry into her shirt.

"I'm so sorry Katherine. I'm so so sorry."

"Don't you dare say sorry, sweet girl! You have nothing to be sorry about."

After a few minutes I finally calm down. We all walk downstairs and we sit on the couches, her facing us.

"You haven't met her parents yet, right?" Jack shakes his head slowly. "And you're meeting them tonight?" He nods his head even slower, a look of shame never leaving his face since he saw his mom. He can't even look her in the eye. "Well, you should tell them tonight, and if anything happens, Lizzy, you can stay here for as long as you need. I will let you stay here forever if you need to okay?" I mouth a thank you to her, my voice box suddenly not working.

It's silent for a few minutes. Katherine breaks the silence. "I'm not mad at either of you. Yes, you could have been more careful, but what's done is done. Now we just need to keep this baby healthy and safe. No more smoking weed, Jack I know you do it, no more parties, nothing like that. I'll tell your father. You should both go get ready for tonight. Okay?" We both nod our heads as she leaves to go back to work.

Neither of us speaks for a while. I just have my head leaned on his chest, his arms around my body. Suddenly he speaks.

"That went well."

Sorry I'm posting so much I just want to get a bit of a storyline going and then I'll calm down on the posts haha. So how do you guys like it so far? Comment on what you all think! That would really help to get feedback. Thanks for the reads guys!!! (: