96.) Chicago Med - Concussion

Based off the One Chicago Crossover, Infection.

Pain. All Will Halstead could feel was searing pain in his head. He tried to piece together what had just happened: he walked in on Dr. Seldon sabotaging the bacteria samples, confronted him, and then woke up on the ground with his head bleeding profusely.

How long had he been out? Seldon got away, no doubt about it. He tried to get up, to tell somebody what just happened, but found himself collapsing back onto the blood-covered floor. His head hurt more than any pain he'd ever felt before. But someone had to know what was going on.

So, after failing to stand up again, he began crawling his way towards the door. As he got closer, the doors suddenly opened and Jay and Hank rushed in.

"Will! Hey, what happened? Oh my god." Jay panicked, kneeling beside his brother on the ground.

"Seldon...sabotaging samples....hit me in the head....you gotta go get him. Go!" Will made out, gasping as every word he spoke sent pain through his head.

"I'm not leaving you like this." Jay argued, grabbing gauze from nearby and holding it to his brother's bleeding head.

"Jay, go find him!....I'm fine!" Will yelled at him, taking the gauze into his own hand and putting pressure on his head.

"Will-"

"Jay, you heard him. We gotta go, we'll tell someone on our way out." Hank said, pulling Jay away from his wounded brother.

"I'll be back later." Jay promised on his way out, looking back one last time to see his brother on his back, holding the gauze to his head as he laid in his own blood.

"April! Will's down in the lab, Seldon cold-clocked him in the head. You gotta send someone to help him, we gotta go!" Jay called out in the ED as he and Hank rushed out. "Keep me updated on him!"

"Oh god, okay, you got it!" April promised, grabbing Ethan and running upstairs to the lab.

"Will! Hey, we got you, it's okay." Ethan assured the man as he knelt beside him. He pulled Will's hand away from his head and saw the gauze as all soaked in blood and the gash in his head was huge. "April, get a gurney."

"On it." She said, hurrying out of the room.

Ethan grabbed more gauze and held it to Will's head, watching the red-haired man's eyes begin to close once again. "Hey, stay with me, Will. Stay awake for me."

"...'m so tired..." Will slurred out, his eyes shutting again as he slipped into unconsciousness.

"Damnit." Ethan muttered as April returned with the gurney.

The pair rushed their colleague downstairs to the ED and began stitching the wound in his head. They did a few scans to ensure his brain was okay, and in Dr. Sam Abram's opinion, he only had a severe concussion and would be fine and just as hard-headed as ever after a few weeks' rest. He wanted to keep him overnight for observation, however, just to make sure he was right.

Later that night, after Seldon was taken down, Jay was sitting in Will's hospital room beside the bed. His brother was still asleep from this afternoon but Dr. Abram said he should wake up soon.

"How is he?" Sharon Goodwin asked as she walked in with Dr. Charles.

"Still asleep. Dr. Abram said he should wake up soon, though." Jay sighed, all of them perking up when Will's heart monitor began to increase.

"Will?" Jay asked, grabbing his brother's arm.

"Dr. Halstead, are you with us?" Dr. Charles asked as Sharon flagged down Sam in the hallway.

"Jay? Did...did you get Seldon?" Will asked slowly as he opened his eyes and squinted at the light.

"Yeah, we got him." Jay assured him, seeing a smile cross his brother's face.

Sam checked him out again and assured them all that he was okay before leaving.

"Dr. Halstead, you are taking a month off of work, minimum. No objections." Sharon informed him.

But at that moment, Will didn't care. All he cared about was this day being over.

So, this is my first update in almost a year...I'm sorry, y'all! 😂🥴 I'll try to update more, I swear