93.) Chicago Fire - Lifeline

He stands at the edge of the roof on the tallest building he could find. There's no way he can go on without her. Gabby was his whole life, the only thing he had done right in his life. Now he'd messed it up and she was gone.

He stares down at the street below, looking at the street lights and the bustle of Chicago. Who'd miss him? As a captain, his job could be replaced and everyone could easily move on. What's he got to lose now?

He checks his phone, seeing that Kelly had been blowing it up. "Matt, answer me." "Casey, just let me know you're okay." "Text me back." "Please, Casey, come on." "I'm coming to find you, don't do anything stupid."

He shakes his head before dropping his phone onto the sidewalk below, watching it smash onto the cement and shatter. He is next. He takes one step over the ledge and, just as he hears Severide's voice behind him yelling to stop, he takes another step and falls, plummeting to his death, leaving Severide helpless.

"Casey, stop!" Kelly yells, seeing his buddy with one foot over the ledge. His voice stuns him, the blonde haired man bringing his foot back onto the ledge and turning around towards him. "Don't do this, please. I need you, you're my best friend. I love you brother, don't do this." He pleads, slowly approaching his vulnerable friend.

"I can't, Kelly. I can't." Matt repeats.

"You can. You can, I know you can. Just step away from the ledge and I'll help you."

"Nobody can help me."

"You've gotta let me try. Come on." Kelly says, an arms length away from him now. He slowly reaches out and pulls Matt away from the edge, pulling him into a tight hug as he sobs.

The funeral is a depressing scene, Gabby doesn't even show. Kelly is a mess, he hasn't stopped crying since the ambulance took Matt's mangled body away.

Chief Boden says a few words, as does Chaplain Orlovsky and Herrmann. They all sob as they watch his coffin lowered into the shallow grave before being covered with dirt. Matt is gone. He is dead. He killed himself.

The weeks that follow are hard, but better. Kelly takes furlough to help Matt and doesn't leave his side. He talks to him everyday and is sure to let him know he is loved and needed and wanted.

Matt is starting to believe him and doesn't want to die anymore. He's sad and doesn't want to be alive, but he doesn't want to die. It's a confusing mix of emotions, but Kelly is sure it's progress. After all, Matt is alive. He didn't kill himself.