41.) Chicago Fire - Request

Requested by BGNation4ever

It seemed like another call, just another house fire. That was, until Matt Casey saved a girl from said fire.

She sort of struggled, seeming like she was afraid of him. He got her out though, just in time.

On the Ambo ride to Med, she remained silent, which seemed understandable due to the oxygen mask on her face. Matt had rode along, not wanting to leave her for some reason.

Once they dropped her off at Med, Matt, Gabby, and Sylvie couldn't seem to leave. There was something about her. She seemed so scared, so shy.

They all waited together until Dr. Choi approached them. "So, I have some news on the girl you guys brought in."

"Yeah?" Matt asked.

"She has PTSD. It's why she won't talk or anything."

"Are you sure?" Gabby asked, surprised.

"I've seen it many times before. From what I've gotten from her, her parents both OD'd last month and died and she's been staying at their apartment alone, not sure what to do. Parents must've abused her. I still haven't gotten her name."

"Mind if we try?" Matt asked, not even sure why he asked, just knowing he had to.

"Go ahead." Ethan said, leading them to her room.

Matt and Gabby went in, Sylvie opting to talk with Maggie and April instead. They sat beside her, trying to talk normal with her. She stayed silent though, listening to them talk.

Gabby decided to step outside for a moment, leaving just Matt and the girl.

Matt looked at her seriously. "So, you've had a rough life, huh?"

She nodded, sadness in her eyes.

"I'm Matt Casey. What's your name?"

She didn't say anything.

"Hey, I can help you. I will help you. Just tell me your name."

"Angel."

"Okay, Angel. I'm going to help you."

-/-/

A few months later...

"Hey, Angel, how's your day been?" Matt asked when she returned from school. Turns out, she was a senior in high school. She'd been being fostered by Matt and Gabby, who were looking to adopt her.

They both loved her and were there for her. She'd came a long way since they found her and they were proud of her.

"It was alright. Glad to be home, though." She said quietly, sitting beside Matt on the couch.

Matt began smiling, Angel giving him a weird look.

"What?" She questioned.

"That was the first time you called this place your home."

"It is. And you and Gabby are my family."