40.) Chicago PD - Ratzek?

My prediction for the fall finale. Possible spoilers so watch the episode before reading.

"Al, who we meeting here?" Adam asked nervously, knowing something wasn't right here. Who the fuck was he meeting at the silos because it sure as hell wasnt a typical CI.

"Come on." Al said, getting out of the car.

Adam slowly joined him and got out, instantly filling with fear when he saw Voight emerge from the other vehicle. Hank walked towards them, Adam looking to Al for a hint as to whether this was good or bad, but got nothing.

"Adam Ruzek. Or, is it Ratzek?" Hank started, Adam immediately knowing where this was headed.

"Wait a second, stop right there. Tell me what you know, or think you know, and I can clear it up." Adam said, trying to save his own ass.

"I know you gave Denny the video of Halstead. And I know he's aiming for me being taken down. You've had lots of chances to hand over dirt on me with this case. Which means, Denny already has his hands on it and my career is over. So, this won't hurt me a bit." Hank said before reeling back and throwing a forceful punch into Adam's gut before slamming his head down on the hood of the car.

Hank continued to beat up on Adam and Al just stood by, hating the entire situation.

As Adam laid on the ground bleeding and in pain, he saw Hank grab his gun from his holster.

Then, just before Hank could fire his gun, Denny showed up.

"Oh good, you've already handled it." Denny said to Hank, who immediately became confused. Wouldn't he be angry if his little rat messenger was killed? But what if...

"What the hell are you talking about?" Hank asked, putting his gun back.

"Your little detective wouldn't give me anything but a 'screw you' so I tracked his phone to take care of business. But it looks like you've already done what I was going to do. Thanks for the favor." And with that Denny kicked Adam in the head and knocked him out before leaving.

Hank and Al gave each other panicked looks.
The looks spoke what they were thinking "we just beat the shit outta Ruzek for nothing."

They both bent down beside Adam, taking in the extent of his injuries.

"Alright, I don't think he needs a hospital. Help me get him in the car and I'll take him back to my place for tonight." Al decided, already dragging the kid to his feet.

Adam woke up the next morning in excruciating pain. His head hurt, his ribs felt on fire, and his entire body felt bruised. He groaned as he looked around, seeing that he was on a couch in Olinsky's house.

As he tried sitting up, Al woke up. He'd been asleep in the chair beside Adam. He got up and set his hand on Adam's chest, gently pushing him back down.

"Relax, kid. Take it easy." He told him, Adam groaning once more.

"W-what happened? Why didn't Voight kill me?" Adam asked.

"Denny showed up and told Hank what happened. We didn't know you didn't say anything."

"I deserved it. I rated out Jay on the undercover gig." Adam said, not realizing Hank had entered the room.

"You didn't deserve any of that. You were forced to make the hardest decision imaginable and you didn't give up your team. I should've done more research. I'm sorry." Hank told him, setting his hand out for a handshake.

Adam nodded and shook Hank's hand. "We're good."

"Good. Take a week off, recover. Don't worry about your sister or nephew, either. I've got this handled."