42.) Chicago Fire - Request

Requested by CaitlinTerry3

Gabby woke up with serious cramps. She groaned and got up. She went to the bathroom, did what she needed to do, and took some ibuprofen before crawling back in bed.

"Matt, I have cramps." She told him, snuggling into him.

"I'll get you the heating pad." He said, getting up and gettin for her before crawling back in bed with her.

"These are the worst cramps I've ever had, I swear." She groaned.

"I'll take care of you, don't worry." He said, kissing her head.

She began crying suddenly.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I just-You're so sweet and I love you so much and, I don't know why I'm crying!" She cried, Matt putting his arm around her.

"Hey, it's okay. I love you. Go to sleep, it's okay."

She soon fell asleep and Matt decided to do something nice for her. He quietly got up and went to the store, buying her ibuprofen, tampons/pads, cookies, chocolate, flowers, tissues, and a few chick-flicks he didn't want to watch at all but knew she'd want to.

As he paid, the cashier smiled at him. "You're a good man."

He returned home and saw her still asleep. He took the bags into their room and set the on the floor beside the bed.

A few minutes later, she woke up.

"You feeling any better?" Matt asked her.

"Barely."

"Well, I ran to the store and picked some things up for you." He said, handing her the bouquet of flowers before giving her the rest of the things he bought.

"You're the best." She smiled, kissing him.

"Anything for my girl." He smiled, happy to make her feel better for a little while.

"Can we watch these movies? I know you don't want to, but -"

"Of course we can watch them. Which first?"

"The Notebook."

"Alright." Matt said, putting the movie in the DVD player. Together, the couple watched movies all day and cuddled, Matt taking care of Gabby and doing everything for her.

At the end of the day, before she went to sleep, Gabby looked over at Matt, who'd already fallen asleep during The Best of Me.

She smiled, thinking, "I have the best husband. He took care of me and did so much for me today. I'm so damn lucky."