45.) One Chicago - Request

REQUESTED BY NewYorkChicago1944

"You wanna head over to Molly's tonight?" Mouse asked Jay as they sat in the bullpen after a long and hard case.

"Definitely." Jay answered, rubbing his sore neck since a suspect had beat him up pretty good during a chase down.

"I'm going to join you guys." Alvin said, Mouse and Jay nodding.

The case had taken a toll on all of them, but especially the veterans of the group. The case had to do with an ex-army ranger murdering his old unit members.

It was definitely a tough one to handle. After work, the three went to Molly's together and were soon joined by Ethan Choi.

"Long time no see." Jay commented as Ethan sat down. Not even 8 hours ago, the Unit had brought in another victim to Med, who didn't make it.

"I wish this was a more joyous occasion." Ethan said as he picked at the label on his beer bottle.

"Me too. I mean, how the hell do you do that? You've literally been to hell and back with those guys, and then you decided to kill them? I just don't understand." Mouse said before taking a swig of beer.

"Back in my day, you had nothing but respect for your group members. Sure, we goofed around and had some fun times, but at the end of the day, you respected each other and treated each other right." Al said, the others nodding.

"Just ask Jay about the consequences in our unit." Mouse smirked, Jay rolling his eyes.

"I wanna hear about this." Ethan smiled.

"Alright, I might've messed with Mouse and gone a little too far. I went to pants him, but his underwear came down too. And, to make it worse, our Commanding Officer has just walked in. I was in so much trouble." Jay chuckled, remembering the good times.

"Wow. I remember this one time, a few guys were new and they were terrified. Rightfully so, but you didn't admit that. Anyway, some other guys decided to play a prank on them and told them, in the middle of the night, we had to go because the enemy was coming for us." Ethan said.

"That's rough, man." Jay chuckled, sipping his beer.

"That's not much of a prank, though. That's kinda shitty." Al commented.

"Yeah, it was. Those guys were in a shitload of trouble." Ethan said, motioning to Gabby for another beer.

The guys sat and chatted for a while longer. It was nice to have fellow vets in the group for the guys to have people who understood them.