44.) Chicago Med - Request

Requested by Chihard14

All units of Firehouse 51 were called to a car accident. It was one of many due to the massive snow storm that was hitting Chicago.

They arrived and saw a little boy outside of the car, just sitting beside the accident scene.

"Hey, buddy, what's wrong? What's your name?" Gabby asked, not even noticing who it was.

"I'm Owen Manning. My mommy is in the car. Is she okay?" The boy said. And it suddenly clicked: Natalie was in the car.

Everyone rushed around and got Nat out of the car, rushing her to Med with Owen in the back of the same Ambo with Gabby.

Once in Med, Gabby and Sylvie rattled off Natalie's condition. "Guys, it's Natalie. We responded to an accident and Owen was outside of the car. She's unconscious and there's been trauma to the head and chest."

Ethan took control and went to work, Maggie taking Owen from Gabby. "Hey little man. Your mommy will be okay. Are you okay?" Maggie asked the 3-year-Old.

"Yeah, But I want Will. Where is he?" Owen asked, looking for his favorite red-head.

"Will's coming in soon, okay? Oh no, Will's coming in soon."

And then Will entered, immediately seeing Owen. "Hey dude. What're you doing here?"

"Mommy hurt. Our car got hit by another car." Owen said, Will's face instantly turning to terror.

"What?!"

-/-/

"Hey, Will." Jay said as he approached his brother, who was sitting beside his girlfriend's hospital bed. It'd been hours since the accident and Natalie was still out.

"Hey." He muttered, holding Natalie's hand.

"So, How is She?"

"Stable. Cracked ribs and a nasty concussion. Owen's with Sharon upstairs, probably driving her nuts, I'm sure. Nat should be waking up soon, though."

"Good to hear. Anyway, Intelligence investigated the accident. No foul play, just black ice on the roads. Could've been worse."

"Yeah, I guess."

"I gotta get back. You need anything, let me know."

"Thanks." Will said as Jay left.

Will sat a few minutes longer before Natalie opened her eyes. "Will?"

"Hey, Hey, I'm here. You're okay."

"Where's Owen?"

"With Sharon. He's fine, nothing wrong. You, in the other hand, scared the shit out of me. Don't do that again." He said, smiling before he kissed her forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."