25.) Chicago Med - Anger Management

Will Halstead was pissed off. Nobody could deny it or ignore it; he was pissed. The day had started just fine, but, little by little, Will's patience was tested until it was nonexistent.

Now, his patience was completely gone. He was pissed and couldn't stand to be near anybody. And if he was asked 'what happened?,' he couldn't even pinpoint his anger. Everything had just pissed him off that day.

The minute shift ended for him, he was gone. He changed, grabbed his jacket, and walked out the door. He ignored Natalie, who tried asking what was wrong. He ignored Ethan, who asked if he was okay. He ignored Maggie, who told him to calm down before driving anywhere. He ignored everyone and sped to the one place he knew he could take his anger out: a bar where he grew up.

He went in and sat at the bar, immediately ordering shots and downing them all. Once he was drunk, he was approached by an old frenemy of his.

"Hey, Halstead, fancy seeing you here." The man said, Will staring blankly at his ugly face with the crooked teeth. "Not chatty tonight?"

Will continued staring at him, waiting for him to leave.

"Well, the ginger Halstead doesn't like talking tonight so fuck me, I guess."

"Yeah, fuck you." Will agreed before throwing back another shot and slamming the empty glass down, shattering it and feeling the sting of shards of glass going into his hand.

"Excuse me?" The man asked, offended.

"I was just agreeing with you."

"You are a lowlife asshole."

"I didn't know there was a mirror behind me." Will shot back, the man ready to fight now. He wound up and punched Will square in the jaw, knocking him off his seat.

Will stumbled back to his feet and began fighting with the man, a crowd gathering to watch. Now, ordinarily Will would have won in the first 2 minutes, but he was completely drunk and this guy was practically sober; the fight was unfair.

Nobody broke the fight up until Will was unconscious on the ground, bleeding everywhere and needing an ambulance.

The bartender called for an ambulance, and also for the cops because the guy who beat Will up went way too far.

Jay and Adam had been working overtime on patrol and got the call. "That's the bar where Will and I used to go to blow off steam. It's a shitty place but you can get in some good fights there." Jay said as Adam drove there.

"Yeah, well, let's hope this wasn't a fight gone too far." Adam said as he pulled into the parking lot.

Once they pulled in, an ambulance followed and Gabby and Sylvie got out.

"Bar fight gone wrong." Gabby said to Jay and Adam as they all got out.

"Yeah? I figured." Jay said as they all entered, seeing a guy being detained by a few guys and Will unconscious on the ground.

Jay flipped out when he saw his brother. He knelt down beside him on the ground, getting a piece of broken bottle shoved into his knee, but not caring. "Will! Hey, Will, wake up. Come one, bro."

Will didn't move but Gabby and Sylvie cut in, tending to Will and watching Jay's bleeding knee, which had soaked through his jeans.

-/-/

A few hours later, Will was lying in a hospital bed at Med, Jay sitting beside him with a bandaged knee.

The second Will woke up, Jay looked at him. "Bar fighting isn't a good form of anger management."

Will slightly chuckled, wincing in pain.

"You have a major concussion and stitches and bruising. Bro, what were you thinking?"

"I wasn't."