94.) Chicago Med - Broken Rib

"Hey, Will, gimme a hand over here." Natalie called across the bustling ED. Will tried to hurry towards her to assist, but ran into Maggie as they were both in a rush. In an attempt to keep her from falling, he tripped himself and fell, slamming into the edge of the desk.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Will. Are you okay?" Maggie asked, helping him up.

"It's my fault, I'm fine. Are you?" He asked, grabbing his side.

"I'm fine. Are you sure you're okay?" Maggie asked, watching him hold onto his side.

"Will, please hurry." Natalie said, sticking her head out of the room she was in, having missed the whole thing.

"Duty calls." Will sighed, wincing as he exhaled. Maggie tried to stop him again, but he had already walked away.

Hours later, Will was in more pain and every move was killing him. He was swarmed with patients however and the ED was also short-staffed; how could he leave to get looked at? And who would look at him? They were already short on doctors!

"Dr. Halstead, incoming, trauma 2." Maggie called.

Will slowly responded to the call and walked with the paramedics beside the gurney. "38 year old male, fell off a roof, apparent break in his leg, vitals are normal." One of them reported.

"Alright, transfer on my count. 1..2..3." Will said. But seconds after he tried to move the patient, he found himself on the floor, holding his side in agony.

"Will!" Maggie called, seeing the doctor on the ground. "Dr. Choi, Dr. Rhodes, I need some help in here!"

Ethan and Connor rushed in, confused at the sight.

"What happened?" Ethan asked.

"I'll explain later, you take this patient. Connor, help me get Will into the hybrid OR." Maggie commanded.

"What?" Connor questioned as he practically picked his friend up off the ground.

"We're out of trauma bays, so the hybrid OR it is." Maggie sighed, opening the door and helping Will onto the table before going back out into the ED.

"I'm fine, really." Will insisted.

"Really? So it doesn't hurt if I do this?" Connor asked, poking him in the side, a scream leaving Will's lips instantly. "I thought so. Is this from your run-in with Maggie earlier?"

"You saw that?" Will groaned, holding his side.

"Yeah, I did. How bad does it hurt, 1-10?"

"Just a 3." Will lied.

"Do I have to poke you again?"

"No, no. It's a 7 and I can't take a deep breath or lift anything or move." Will said, knowing the questions he'd be asked.

"I'll order an X-ray but I'm pretty sure you have a broken rib."

"Great."

"If it makes you feel better, now you can say Maggie beat you up."