15.) Chicago Fire - What Is Normal?

Back in season 2, Shay wanted Kelly to be a sperm donor or figure out a way so she could have a baby. What if it was successful and Shay never died in the building explosion? How would the two of them do co-parenting?

KELLY POV

I remember it like it was yesterday; Shay and I's own son being placed in my arms. Sure, I had worried before about our kid and how he or she would feel growing up; would they find it strange if their mom and dad both had girlfriends, instead of the two of them being together? What would we do with the kid when we worked shift? But the second I held the baby in my arms, all those worries and concerns seemed pointless. I knew that we would always be there for him and everything would be alright in the end.

Man, I sure do miss that

Now, Landon Kade Shay-Severide is
10 months old and never stops; if he's not eating or getting a diaper change, he's toddling around and getting into stuff that could potentially kill him, like trying to pull the tv down by its cord. I seriously don't know how I would do this alone; Shay is so much better with baby stuff than I am.

We make a great team, most of the time. Sometimes, if Landon has exhausted one of us, things get a little testy around the apartment. We'll get mad at each other over the stupidest things. Like last week, I was accused of taking Shay's yogurt and we got in a fight over it. The best part is, though, even though we get upset with each other, we always get over it.

SHAY'S POV

SHAY'S POV

As I tried to put Landon down for a nap, I heard Kelly looking for his keys.

"Kelly, the keys are on the couch; Landon was playing with them." I quietly called to him, instantly hearing him pick them up.

"Thank you. I'm going out to pick up more diapers." Kelly told me, entering Landon's nursery.

"Okay. But while you're out, buy some more milk."

Kelly bent down to where Landon was sitting in my arms as I rocked him to sleep. He was barely awake but his eyes lit up at the sight of Kelly.

"Landon, your mama just bosses me around all day long, huh?" Kelly asked him, tickling him a little and instantly making him no longer tired.

"Seriously Kelly? He was so close to falling asleep!" I told him, smacking him in the head.

Kelly just laughed and walked out, "I'm going to the store now."

He left and I rocked Landon to sleep, again. As I did, I smiled. Herrmann always tells me that Kelly and I fight like an old married couple and I never actually realized it until now.

Even if we aren't a couple, I think this whole family thing works for us. So what that Landon won't grow up with a 'normal' family? What is a normal family anyway? Nobody's family is normal. And besides, we both love him so much that the rest doesn't even matter.