6.) Chicago Fire - Dawsey Healing

Full Disclaimer: Contains
religious/spiritual ideas.

"Otis, come here, I need a drink!" Casey called from the end of the bar.

"Matt, you've had a lot to drink. Maybe you should cut yourself off?" Otis suggested, instantly seeing his lieutenant get pissed.

"I'm a grown-ass man, Otis. I know when I've had enough and I haven't reached that point yet. Now gimme a scotch on the rocks or I'll go to another bar."

"Matt, stop it. We all know why you're doing this." Gabby said, going around to the other side of the bar and sitting beside him.

"Gabby-"

"No, Matt. You couldn't save that baby today. Nobody could've; it was inevitable. But this? Drinking after a bad call during shift? It cannot happen." Gabby told him, seeing the hurt in his eyes that had been there since the baby was pronounced dead at a house fire.

"I'm going home."

"I'm coming with you."

-/-/

"She was 6 months old. That baby girl was so little, so innocent. She didn't deserve to die in a damn fire!" Matt raged, putting his fist through the wall.

"Matt, stop it. This isn't you. Hey, listen to me." Gabby said, meeting his eyes as he broke down crying.

"She'll never live a life and she'll never even learn to walk or talk! 6 months? Only 6 months on Earth? Why'd God do that to that poor family? 6 months of bliss and then nothing?"

"Baby, don't think of it like that. That family got half a year with a beautiful baby. And we don't know the family. Maybe she was abused and it was a good thing, right? Babies are innocent and they'd go to Heaven. That's where our baby went." Gabby said, referring to her miscarriage.

Matt nodded. Sure, he was upset, but with Gabby, he could get through anything.