32.) Chicago PD - Request

REQUESTED BY BGNation4ever

"All dead. Mother, father, and 12 year old male. There's a reported teenage daughter with Aspergers, so we need to find her." Alvin Olinsky updated the team as they investigated a homicide scene.

"Alright, you heard Alvin. Split up and let's find this kid." Hank said, everyone going off in different directions to look for the girl.

As Hank looked around the house, he noticed a closet door cracked open. He opened it and was almost shocked to see the girl.

She backed away and didn't look at him, Hank taking notice.

"Hey, kiddo, it's okay. Come on out from there." Hank said.

The girl slowly got up and exited the closet, Hank stepping out of the way so she could keep a comfortable distance.

"What's your name, kid?" He asked her, his heart breaking for her as she stared at the floor.

"Angel." She said, hardly above a whisper.

"Alright, Angel, would you mind coming with me to the police station? It's safe, I promise and it'll be alright."

She nodded and followed him out of the room. Outside, the team was waiting for Hank, having heard him talking over their radios.

"Is she okay?" Jay asked, hoping their witness wasn't hurt.

"Yeah, she's going to ride with me back to the station."

-/-/-/

Back at the station, Hank led Angel to the break room and sat across from her.

"Did you see anything?" Hank immediately asked.

"2 men, dressed in black. They're both white, one with a Cubs' tattoo on his right forearm and the other with a motorcycle tattoo on his left hand. They were both about the same height: 6'0 and 200 pounds. They entered the house and shot everyone. I was in the bathroom so I just hid in the closet across the hall. I saw their vehicle drive off. It was a blue van with an Illinois plate that read 'HGH 3766.'" Angel rambled off as she stared down at the table, picking at the edge of it.

"That is extremely helpful. Anything else?"

"That's all I saw."

"Great, thank you. I'm going to go help my team find these guys. You can stay in here if you'd like."

"Okay."

With that, Hank left Angel by herself and went to tell the team what he'd just been informed. They looked up the names of the guys by checking ex-cons with the described tattoos and found their identities. They also found the vehicle by the license plate description.

Within a few hours, Jay and Adam had the guys arrested and in the holding cell downstairs.

Hank returned to Angel once it was over. "We just made the fastest bust ever, thanks to you and your observance."

"I notice a lot."

"That's a good thing."

-/-/-/

1 YEAR LATER

"Hey, Angel, you ready?" Hank called to the kid who'd been living with him and whom he now considered a daughter.

She nodded as she joined him near the front door, ready to go to work with him. It'd become their Saturday tradition: going to the district together and catching up on paperwork and just hanging out.

Hank was the only person she really connected with. Whatever the reason may be, they were both happier than they'd been in a long time.