23.) Chicago Fire - Peter Mills

"We've been a man short on Squad ever since Kannell quit. And I know it's been harder on you Squad guys, but I have found a permanent replacement." Chief Boden told the entire firehouse in the conference room.

"Who is it?" Kelly asked, eager to know who was joining his team.

"Please don't let it be an idiot." Capp said, Gabby and Cruz smacking him simultaneously.

"I don't think I'm an idiot." The new member said as he entered the room, everybody going crazy.

"Peter Mills?! What?! Mills is back!" Everybody yelled, forming a group hug with him at the center.

"I thought you were opening a restaurant with your family?" Otis asked.

"Well, I did that for awhile and it was pretty nice. But, my mom met a nice guy and remarried and Elise is still there with her husband. I figured, they've got that covered, I can come back to Chicago."

"It's good to have you back at 51, Mills." Severide told him.

"Welcome back home, Pete." Casey added.

"So, it's been, what? 3 years? Somebody catch me up on everything I've missed." Mills said, everybody starting to talk at once.

"First and foremost, you missed a World Series Championship!" Herrmann started.

"You missed Severide, Casey, Kannell, Herrmann, Mouch, Kidd, and I all trapped in a fire, very close to death." Otis said.

"You also missed Casey and Dawson's wedding. Along with some more Dawsey drama that I'm not going to bring up." Cruz added.

"I'm roommates with Otis and Cruz now." Sylvie said.

"Alright, alright. How about we make a timeline? This is all very confusing." Peter laughed.

"Yeah, we'll do that while you cook us up something to eat." Herrmann said, hoping Mills would cook.

"Ha, I've been cooking people stuff to eat for the past three years. You all can buy me a pizza." Pete told them.

"Whatever." Herrmann waved him off.

For the next hour and a half, the crew filled Peter in on what he missed. By the time he was all caught up, it was dinner time.

"Oh won't you please cook us dinner, Mills? Come on, we haven't gotten to eat decent food for the past 3 years!" Mouch begged.

"Alright, fine. But Dawson is helping."

"Fine." Gabby laughed.

As the two cooked, they talked.

"So, about how we left things..." Peter started, referring to their kiss in the street outside Molly's before he left.

"It never happened in my book. Let's just move forward; the whole thing never happened." Gabby said.

"Deal. So, how's married life?"

"Amazing, actually. Matt and I are so happy together."

"Good, I'm glad you're happy."

"Thanks, Pete. So, how is it to be back?"

"Better than I'd imagined."