58.) Chicago PD - You're My Homie

Adam woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. He groaned as he reached over and answered it, not even opening his eyes. "Ruzek."

"Where the hell are you? We caught a case. Hurry up and get to 2414 Grant." Hank said before hanging up.

Adam sighed and hung up, setting the phone down. "I shouldn't have went to Molly's last night." He mumbled, feeling the effects of a slight hangover.

He got up and quickly threw on clothes before downing some coffee and going to his car.

Meanwhile, the Unit was at the scene.

"Where is Adam?" Jay asked nobody in particular.

"When I called him about the case, I woke him up." Hank answered.

"He wasn't awake at 9:30 in the morning?" Antonio wondered.

"No, but we've all overslept before. Or gone out too late the previous night. It happens." Kim said, sticking up for Adam.

The Unit continued to investigate the scene, but Adam was no where to be found. They were getting ready to go back to the station when Kevin's phone rang.

"Atwater." He answered, everyone watching his expression turn to horror. "Adam, you okay? Where are you?....Okay, hang tight, we're coming, bro...Don't hang up on me, just keep talking, explain what happened." Kevin put the phone on speaker so everyone could hear.

"I was trying to get to the scene and this truck, this truck couldn't stop on the ice and, and it hit me. Kev, I'm pinned in the car and it's hurts so much and there's so much blood. I'm so scared." Adam's shakey voice came through the phone.

"Did you call 9-1-1?" Kim asked, worried.

"Yeah. Please come help me, please! I'm going to die." Adam begged, sirens wailing in the background.

"Where are you? We can't come help you if we don't know where you are." Kevin asked.

There was no response from Adam.

"Adam. Adam! Answer me, Ruzek! Come one!" Everyone yelled into the phone, hearing only sirens.

"Radio Truck 51, See if they're responding." Hank decided, Antonio immediately doing so.

"Firehouse 51 got the call. They're on Wabash." Antonio informed everyone a few second later. They all jumped in their cars and rushed to the scene, Adam the only person they cared about.

When they got there, they saw how bad it was. Adam's car was smashed and a truck the sitting nearby, the front damaged, but the driver fine.

Adam was trapped in his car, his legs crushed, his ribs broken, and his head bleeding. Intelligence stood helplessly watching Squad 3 free him from the car, hearing his cries of agony all the while.

-/-/-/

Adam woke up later in ICU with Kim and Kevin by his side.

"Hey." He said, in pain.

"Adam, thank God you're alive." Kim said, kissing his bruised face.

"You seriously scared us." Kevin said, resting his hand on Adam's shoulder. "You're my homie, I'm glad you're alright."

"Me too."