51.) Chicago Fire - Request

Requested by CaitlinTerry3

Her head was killing her. Gabby knew when she woke up with it: she had a migraine. She groaned and rolled over onto Matt, holding her head.

"You okay, babe?" He asked, barely awake.

"No. My head. Have migraine." She made out, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Try to go back to sleep, I'll go get some meds for you." He said, getting up and groggily putting on sweatpants and a hoodie before going to the 24 hr Walgreens.

He bought her some migraine medicine and some ice cream and tea, not sure if she'd want something hot or cold, or anything at all. 

As he drive back home, he looked at the clock and saw it was only 4:30 am. Good thing neither of them had work today.

When he returned home, he woke Gabby up to give her the medicine before getting back in bed and laying beside her.

"My head still hurts." She groaned, laying her head on Matt's chest.

"Give the medicine some time to work. For now, just try to go back to sleep."

As she tried to sleep, Matt played with her hair, knowing she usually loved when he did that. A few hours later, she woke up and felt Matt still playing with her hair.

"Hey baby." She said, opening her eyes and smiling at him.

"You feeling better? Your head still hurt?" Matt asked.

"I feel a lot better now. Especially when you play with my hair."

"I'd do anything for you, honey."

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"For this. Taking care of me and loving me and-"

"Hey, you don't have to thank me for anything. I'm your husband and I'll always be here to take care of you. I love you."