81.) Chicago Fire - Help

Requested by Journalist15

"Hey, Casey, what's up?" Kelly answered his phone.

"You busy?" Matt asked.

"No, not at the moment. Why? You want to start hitting up bars early? No wife, no girlfriend, we're getting drunk this weekend!" Kelly said happily. The girls had went on a weekend trip to NYC, so the guys had planned to go bar hopping and have fun.

"No, not exactly. I need a ride home from the hospital."

"What? Why? What happened?" Kelly asked, already putting on his shoes to go get his friend.

"I was trying to fix the sink to surprise Gabby, but my toolbox fell off my truck and on my foot. Turns out, a metal box full of tools can break a foot."

"You broke your foot?" Kelly questioned as he drove to Med.

"Yeah. Will has me all fixed up, but I can't drive. Plus, I rode here in an ambulance so..."

"Yeah, I'm on my way, hang tight."

-/-/-/-/

"It's not exactly the same as hitting up a bunch of bars, but I got you a soda." Kelly said, sitting beside Matt on his couch that evening.

"I'd much rather prefer a beer, but I'll take it." Matt joked.

"I'd much rather you not on pain meds and able to drink alcohol, but we can't all get what we want."

"Touché." Matt chuckled.

"You need anything else? You good for now?"

"Grab me some pizza from the fridge?"

"Sure." Kelly said, going to the kitchen and returning a moment later with the pizza.

"Thanks."

"Sure. Oh, I called Gabby, by the way. She wanted to rush home immediately, but I convinced her you were fine and I'd be here to take care of you."

"Okay, Thanks man."

"Don't mention it."

The two sat together and watched tv for awhile before Matt looked to Kelly. "I gotta pee."

"Uh, Okay. What do you need me to do?"

"Just help me get to the bathroom, that's all."

"Alright."

Kelly pulled his friend up from the couch and followed behind him as he used his crutches to
make his way to the bathroom. "You need anything, I'll be right out here." Kelly told him before closing the door behind him.

In the bathroom, Matt was finding it harder to pee while standing on one foot than he'd imagined. Everything was going okay until he tried to shift to the sink to wash his hands. He lost his balance and fell to the floor, hitting his head on the edge of the bathtub.

"Casey, you okay?" Kelly called through the door.

"Not really." Matt called back, holding his head.

Kelly opened the door and walked in. "You could've asked for help." He said, helping him to his feet, well, foot.

"I don't like asking for help." Matt mumbled as Kelly helped him to the couch.

"Then don't ask. Just say 'help.' I'll know what you mean, just say the word."

Matt was quiet for a moment before he uttered, "Help me out until Gabby gets back. Please."

"You got it."

"Can you start by 'helping' me find the Blackhawks' game?"

Kelly chuckled. "Sure thing, man."

By the time Kelly found the channel, Matt was fast asleep. Kelly took a picture of him and sent it to Gabby, telling her his pain meds kicked in.