" I know you want love, and someone special in your life. Shit it doesn't even have to be love, I just know you want a connection with someone beyond sex. But you're never gonna get it if you don't stop being stubborn and trying to avoid relationships. You're getting in your own way. And as soon as you get out of your way shit will be so much easier."

    " So if you think digging this girl you need to get your shit together. I'm not asking you to take her hand in marriage but you need to be open minded, and start validating your feelings for others at least. And it's gonna be hard but it's only as hard as you make it bruh." Amber finally finishes her lecture. The only time she really speaks is when it's something serious, and I guess right now she was.

  I contemplate it. I hated how she knew me so well and spit nothing but the truth. I needed to hear it, and it helped. But in the end it's gonna be my choice of what happens. I can continue doing what I been doing or actually try something new. It was all up to me.

    " Hell yeah. I know we play a lot, and like how you get chicks so easily . But at the end of the day, we want you to be happy. If you ready to be in a relationship do it by all means. If you want to continue to just have sex with people, that's fine too. Just be sure that's what you want. Don't be afraid of change and trying new shit. Because you never know what you could be missing out on." Drew shrugs her shoulders , looking at me.

     I love my friends. Yeah they play a lot, but at the end of the day I know I always have their support and I can fall back on them. They always gave good insight on shit I couldn't figure out for myself.

    " Damn y'all niggas right. I hate to admit it, but y'all right."

    " Yeah yeah nigga. Take our advice and get ya shit together." Amber says, mugging me.

   " Suck my ass." I throw a fry at her , and she dodges it and cracks a smile at me. We both just laugh at each other.

  We all continue to eat, and get silent, just indulging in the background noise of the cafeteria. But then Drew speaks.

" Yo, Nokia. What about Solána, I thought you was feeling her. What's up with that?" My eyes light up as soon as I hear the name, and I smile as I think about her.

      I think about how cute she looked today , and how everything and everybody seemed irrelevant when I seen her. In that moment it felt like it was just me and her. Nothing else mattered.

    Every time I was around it's like her presence demanded my attention, and I couldn't tear my eyes off her or keep my mind off her.

And I just wish I could hold her attention too...the way she holds mine.

      It's something about her that just draws me in. And I can't get enough of it.

    I ignore my thoughts, so I can answer Drew's question.

      " Welll...its kinda more complicated than it already was."

    " What you do?" Drew says knowingly, looking at me curiously.

     " So we kinda been warming up to each other , since we work on the project and shit. Like we talk about shit, and she's even been to my apartment. Ive started flirting with her and trying to make a move on her , and she acts all shy about it like a girl who's interested. But then she says she isn't gay, and brings up her boyfriend."

    " Maybe she's not , and she's just a shy person." Drew says. I feel myself getting defensive and mad at Drew's opinion.

   " Ok but maybe she is and she's just a shy person." Amber says backing me up. Exactly.