S2E16

Emily's POV

"Solewa, welcome back to tribal council, and welcome to the final tribal council of the season. Please take your seats, and we'll get started." Jeff said as Laurie, Layla, and myself walked into the tribal council area for the last time.

"I'm getting sentimental." Laurie said with a laugh.

"Lets welcome in the members of our jury, Reagan, Anya, Duke, Alex, Kenna, Jackson, Ty, Kenji, and Logan, voted out at the last tribal council." Jeff said as the nine of them walked into the final tribal council and sat down to our right.

"So, first off, I'll start off with congratulating the three of you on how far you've all made it. You've all played very different games, and I believe that at this point, it's still anyone's game to win. Congratulations on an amazing season, and may the best survivor win. Let's now turn to the jury, where they will now ask one question each. Let's kick it off with our first juror, Reagan." Jeff said as Reagan stood up.

"Hi guys. My question is for Laurie. Laurie, what role did you play in orchestrating my blindside?" Reagan asked Laurie.

"When it first came to the merge, I felt like I didn't really have anyone. I was super close with Emily from the tribe swap, but she was reconnecting with you, Ty, and Duke, so I felt as if now that she was back with her old people, I'd be forgotten. When they told me about the vote for you, I didn't have much else to go on, so that's how I voted." Laurie responded.

"So does that mean that you're a follower?" Reagan asked her.

"No, I'm not. I was a follower only in that instant, as I was on the bottom. However, I was able to work my way up and last longer than Duke and Ty, who Emily was originally aligned with." Laurie responded.

"Thank you." Reagan said before sitting down.

Anya then stood up.

"Layla, why do you believe that you should receive my vote?" Anya asked Layla.

"I'm not going to beg for a racists vote. If you want me to beg you for your vote, I don't want it. If you're racist, I don't want it. I can do without your vote, Anya." Layla responded as Anya scoffed before sitting down.

Duke then stood up.

"Emily, what would you say got you to this point in the game?" Duke asked her.

"After the tribe swap, and before the merge, the swapped Soko tribe consisted of the three people sitting here, remaining in the game. I saw an opportunity to create a lowkey, secret alliance between the three Soko girls, and I did. Throughout the merge, Layla, Laurie, and myself had each other's backs. We've never casted a vote against one another, so the reason I'm still in this game is because I created an alliance between the three wonderful ladies still in this game." I said as Duke thanked me before sitting back down.

Alex then stood up.

"Layla, from a jury standpoint, we saw you winning immunities and playing idols. However, that's not all their is to winning Survivor. How would you say you played socially and strategically?" Alex asked me.

"There were many times when Logan would approach me, asking me to vote out Emily or Laurie because they're threats. Frankly, I saw myself as a bigger threat than them, and I knew that they were my allies, so I protected them. I'd tell Logan we couldn't vote them, because there were bigger targets in the game. This lead to him creating the Healer-Hustler alliance to target Jackson, since I had convinced him that Emily and Laurie were part of my secret alliance." Layla responded.

Kenna stood up as Alex sat down.

"Layla, in your response to Alex's question, you stated that you believe that you're a bigger threat than the two sitting next to you. Can you elaborate?" Kenna asked Layla.