S2E15

Layla's POV

I'm in the final four.

Not only am I in the final four, but I'm so close to reaching the final tribal council that I can practically taste it.

I woke up to Laurie shaking me.

"Hey, it's time to go to the last individual immunity challenge." She told me as I got up to see Emily and Logan walking towards us.

"Are we all ready to go?" Logan asked us.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said as I stood up from the bamboo bed inside of the shelter.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Come on in guys!" Jeff called to us as the four of us walked into the immunity challenge to see four intricate machine-like contraptions in front of us.

"First things first, Laurie, gotta take back the immunity necklace." Jeff said as Laurie walked towards him to meet him halfway.

"Alright. For the last time, immunity is back up for grabs. For today's individual immunity challenge, you'll all be operating one of these contraptions to your left. Each of you will have to hold a handle to control the movement of the contraption, and you'll have to spell out Healers, Heroes, Hustlers with tiles. Each row allows for one of the words to be spelt, however, you must spell the phrase while keeping a hold of your contraptions balance. If at any point you move off of your platform or the letters fall off of your contraption, you must restart. First person to complete this will win individual immunity and will secure a spot at the final tribal council." Jeff explained to us before the four of us stepped onto our platforms.

"Survivors ready? Go!" Jeff yelled as I reached for the H to start off the word Healers.

I had to keep a tight grip on my contraption to keep it from moving.

After around five minutes, I had placed the H, E, A, and L in Healers. Laurie had already completed Healers, Emily was placing her L, and Logan was starting over, as he had just dropped the only two letters he had.

"Laurie flying through this challenge!" Jeff said as I looked over to see Laurie place the R in Heroes. At this rate, Laurie will win in no time.

While looking at Laurie, I lost concentration on my own contraption, causing the four letters to fall into the sand. I groaned before quickly picking them up and starting again.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The longer this challenge went on, the harder it was to keep the contraption balanced.

I was starting Hustlers, Laurie was starting Heroes, Logan was halfway done with Hustlers, and Emily had just dropped all of her letters.

"It is still anyone's game, Logan and Layla could drop, opening up the door for Laurie." Jeff said as Logan placed the E in Hustlers after I placed the U.

While Logan was placing the R, he wasn't able to keep everything in control, and all of his letters tipped over and fell.

I felt myself get excited, but I had to keep myself calm so that I didn't mess up.

I very carefully placed the S, and then the T.

"Layla is only four letters away from winning individual immunity and securing herself a spot in the final tribal council!" Jeff announced as my heart began beating faster and faster.

"Laurie now beginning Hustlers, and Emily beginning Heroes!" Jeff announced. Oh no, I had to speed up. Laurie was right behind me, and she's been placing letters fast in this challenge.