Chapter 36 "Big Change":

Gabe's POV:
As we went behind the cafeteria building to talk in private, Clem looked around to make sure that the coast was clear. "Clem, what is going on? You're starting to scare me." I said as she then looked at me with tears now actually coming down her cheeks. "Do you... Do you remember the night when we came back from taking down Lily and her bandits?" She then asked me. "Well not really. We both got super drunk." I said a response. "Then how about the morning after?" She then asked. "Yeah, we both woke up naked with hangovers. What about it? What's going on?" I asked back. "Exactly. We both woke up naked which means we had sex, right?" She then asked is I replied, "Yeah I guess so. What does this have to...." I started to say until I put the pieces together in my mind midsentence. "Clem, are you trying to say that...." I said at an almost lost for words as she nodded her head in a slow sadness and replied, "Yes, Gabe. I'm... I'm pregnant. You're going to be a daddy."
My heart began beating so fast after hearing her say that as I didn't know how to respond. As soon as she said that and handed me the positive pregnancy test, I felt the feeling of joy and dread fight with each other in my mind as I processed it. Suddenly a flashback of Kate and Javi telling me about their pregnancy popped into my head. I remember the smiles on their faces and how happy they were about bringing a child into the world. Even if it is a shitty world like this. But then I focused back on Clem as instead of a happy reaction like Kate and Javi, hers was of sadness and regret with tears still rolling down her cheeks. She was more scared now that I think she ever was with any muerto or raider. I wrapped my arms around her midsection as she did the same to me while burying her head on my shoulder and her tears making it a bit damp. I couldn't help but cry myself but I didn't know if they were tears of happiness or tears of regret. "Oh, Clem. It's OK. It's OK." I said trying to comfort her. "I am so sorry." I then said is that only made her cry harder. "I'm... So scared, Gabe." She said still crying on my shoulder is I refused to let her go. "I know. I am too." I replied as I then let go of her but still kept my hands on her hips. "What are we going to do?" She asked still crying about it as I begin to think it over. As dangerous as it may be, I don't want her to get rid of it.
"Clem, I... I want to keep our baby." I told her as she then wiped her tears and smiled just a bit with a few tears still coming down. "I do too. But it would be dangerous bringing a child into this world." She then said as I wiped my tears. "Hey, we've handled worse. After all, AJ was born in this world and just look at him now. I don't know what will happen, but I want to take this step with you. I want us to be actual parents." I said as she then hugged me again and said back, "I want that too." I then picked up her chin and leaned my face towards hers so I could lock my lips with hers. Our kids felt so passionate with our lips moving against each other smoothly while a few more tears came down our faces. We both pulled away as Clem then asked, "So, what do we do now?" "I don't think this is something we should keep a secret. We should tell the others." I suggested. "Yeah, I agree. As much as I am nervous and telling them, it's better they know now then find out later." She responded. Call plus, it gives them extra time to help us if needed." I said if she then just nodded. "Well, what are we waiting for then? Let's go tell them." She said sounding a bit more eager know as I noted back at her and we both begin walking back to the main yard to deliver the biggest news I think we will ever share.
We walked back into the main yard as I saw AJ talking to Skyler with the same look I had when I talked to Clementine for the first time. I mean this is the first time they've talked, but that look he has is a "I have a massive crush on you and I just want to kiss you" look if I have ever seen one. As we begin walking towards them, I felt Clem reach out for me to hold her hand as I took it without question. "Oh hey lovebirds. What's up?" James asked us as Clem then said, "We uh... We have something we need to tell you guys. So gather up, please." Everybody then gathered in front of us except for Ray which I was more than OK with. "So, what do you need to tell us?" Violet then asked us as I look back at Clem who looked really nervous. "Should I tell them?" I asked her and she replied, "No, it's OK. I can do it." "Well, don't keep us in suspense. What is it?" Louis asked us. "Well, I just found out that I'm... I'm pregnant. With Gabe's baby." She said is everyone looked shocked and happy except for AJ who just looked confused. "Pregnant? What does that mean?" He asked the two of us as I am surprised he didn't know what it was already since Sophie has been pregnant for a while. Clem kneeled down to him and explained, "Well it means that Gabe and I are going to have a baby. You're going to be an uncle and somewhat big brother." AJ's expression then quickly change from confused to happy as he then hugged Clem tight as she hugged him back. Period either enjoyed the hug as we then soon I'll let go of each other and AJ then started doing this weird but hilarious dance.
"Is that your victory dance?" Clem asked putting her right hand on her hip as AJ replied, "Yep." "I knew it. I fucking knew it." Violet said to herself as Clem just giggled. "Well it'll be nice for my baby to have a playmate." Sophia said smiling and rubbing her now kind of extended baby bump. "It's going to seem rough, but U2 are going to love parenthood." Riley said rubbing her daughters hair. "Trust me, I practically raised AJ so I know how being a parent rocks." Clem then said. Hello well, I wish you too and your baby the best." Carter said is AJ then looked at him and said, "Hey! What about me?" "Oh yeah. U2, AJ." Card or than added. Everyone took turns congratulating us as we then went home and just sat on the couch while snuggling with each other. "This is crazy. Never in my life did I think I would ever have a child of my own, but I just ate short months, we're going to have our little bundle of joy in the world." Clem said resting your head on my shoulder. "Yeah, I always wanted to be a dad. But after what happened, I just considered it a fantasy." I replied. "Gabe, thank you." Clem thanked me. Quote for what?" I asked her. Quote for making me happy. For giving me a happy life in this terrible world." She said is I replied, "Of course, my love." "I love you, Gabe." She said cradling my cheek in her hand. "I love you too, Clem." I said is I then placed my hand on her still smooth stomach. "And I love you too, little one." I could add her stomach and she just laughed. "Gabe, there's nothing there yet." She said. "I know, but there will be soon enough." I said as we then just snuggled with each other until Clementine fell asleep on my shoulder. I then picked her up bridal style and laid her down in bed or putting the blankets over her. I gently kissed her forehead as I then whispered to her, "Disfruta tu siesta, mi amor. Vas a necesitar tu descanso." I then left the room to let her rest as I briefly looked back at her sleeping in smelled before leaving the room entirely. To be honest, I was really excited to have a baby and I'm more than willing to always help Clem all the whole way through her pregnancy.

The End... For Now!!
(Prepare for Survival Love 3)

Well we have now reached the end of, "Truly In Love: A Gabentine Story." But all the people who love the series, do not worry. Because as it reads above, I am currently at work on the third installment which is at the moment untitled. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this book dudes and do debts and I will see you again in season three of Survival Love.