Chapter 24 "The Battle Part 1":

Clem's POV:
We approached the main gates as a big surprise, we were welcomed by soldiers with the guns pointed right at us. "Ah, the kind warmth of hospitality." Gabe joked as AJ and I tried to restrain a laugh. "Why are you kids here? And why is Abel with you?" The woman asked us. "Look, we have your guy and all we want to do is talk to your leader. All we want to do is negotiate a trade." Gabe said is they only cocked their guns at us. "And why the fuck should we believe you?" The man on the other side asked in an angry tone. "Because Lilly and I go way back. All the way to the beginning of the Walker catastrophe. And besides if you don't, then imagine how she'll feel knowing that you are there pushed away or worse killed her old friend of Clementine." I said is they look surprised hearing my name. "LILLY!! THAT CLEMENTINE GIRL IS HERE! AND SHE'S WITH ABEL!!!" The woman shouted as we waited for a few minutes until the gates of the Delta opened up and a Lilly stepped out with a few guards behind her at the ready in case we tried anything.
"Well, well, well. If it isn't Clementine again. Finally decide to join us after all?" She asked as I shook my head and said, "No. We actually have a different plan in mind." She then noticed Abel as she looked saddened at his beaten appearance. "Abel! Oh God, what did they do to you?!" She asked moving closer to us before stopping just a couple feet from where we were. "Only what was necessary to find where you were." Gabe said is Lilly's eyes then looked at him suspiciously. "And why would that be?" She asked him as I stepped in and lied, "So we could make a trade." "Is that so? What kind of trade?" She asked now looking at all three of us. "Your guy for our guys. It's as simple as that." Gabe said as AJ added, "Yeah. I want my friend back!" "You really think that I would give up five people for just him?! Can you even dumber than I ever believed. As much as I see Abel like family, we still need soldiers it will take five of them over just one any day of the damn week." She said as Abel looked disappointed. "So you'd really let him die just so you could hang out to a few kids and two adults?" I asked her and she seemed agitated. "You don't understand, Clementine. We are at war and we need soldiers in order to survive it." She said. "Even if that means killing someone you loved?!" I asked her as both of us knew I was referring to Jennifer. "Jennifer was weak willed. She had no confidence or the nerve to do what needed to be done. I don't know some days I regret having her almost executed, I know that she had to go in order to keep us strong. So to answer your question, yes I would." She said making me sad that this is how she is now.
I looked over to see Conrad and have of the soldiers get into position near the side of the Delta and Thomas with the Molotov cocktail in hand as I said to Lilly, "So I guess there's no deal then?" "You guessed correct. I'm sorry Abel, but we need them to fight off the scavengers." She said as Abel's eyes shot up and he began to say, "They are here...." before Gabe knocked him out. "Wait, what was he about to say?" Lilly questioned us as we begin to panic I told Thomas through the Molotov cocktail and it landed right in their garden as it started to burn. "Lilly!! Our crops are on fire!" The mail guard said as Lilly looked back and said, "No no no no!! Don't just stand there! Put it out!" The soldiers behind her and the ones on the top of the gate ran off to put out the fire as she said to ask, "I'll be back to deal with you later! Don't move!" before running inside herself. Gabe and I also saw the soldiers guarding the small side gate rush to the fire as well. "Alright, this is it! Attack!!!" We screamed as the scavengers joined us and we all begin to run in for the attack. Minerva picked the lock as the others got in through the side gate and begin to fire arrows and bullets at the soldiers. "Ah shit! It's a goddamn ambush! Close off the gate!" Lilly ordered as the gates begin to close but all of us manage to make it inside and we all fired on them as well.
As we fired, the soldiers decided to abandon the fire and start firing back at us. "Everybody, take cover!" I shouted as we all to cover behind at some of the cement blocks and even behind the execution stage. "Well I hope you know what you're doing, boy?" Conrad asked Gabe as he replied, "Yeah, we do. Just stick to the plan and you might survive this." While we fired, soldiers began to fall dad as the four of us begin moving closer to the others. As we move closer, Abel somehow broke free of his restraints and then grabbed onto my boot. "I told you your pay." He said about to stab me in the gut before AJ came to my rescue by taking the knife from me and stabbing him right through the neck as Abel slowly died. "Dibs." AJ said is I smirked at him and we went to join up with the others. "So, how are we?" I asked the group. "We lost Ed and Liam and there is no way to get to the building without being shot at by those out posts." James updated us. "Well we need to get to the building. Thomas and Carter, they can give us some cover? And called Gabe and asked them as Carter replied, "Without a doubt." "OK, then let's go. AJ you're staying here with them." I said as AJ then try to argue but I just held both of his cheeks. "AJ listen. I'd rather have you be safe with cover itself out there and open gun fire. Please just stay here, OK?" I begged him as he said, "OK, I will. I love you, Clem. I love you, Gabe." "We love you back." I said is I kissed his four head and Gabe and I begin to move towards the building where our people were being held while Thomas and Carter provided cover on the way there.
We made our way to the door as I try to open it but it appeared to be locked. "Clem, stand back!" Thomas shouted as he kicked the door and it flew wide open. As it opened, we saw a single illuminating light bulb hanging from the ceiling as we saw all of our captured friends in chains. "CLEM! GABE!" Tenn shouted and happiness as we walked over to him and gave him a hug. "We are glad to see you too. Don't worry, we're going to get you all out of here." Gabe said as we let go of him. "DADDY!!" Skyler yelled to her father as Carter gave her and Riley hugs and kisses. "Oh my family! I missed you so much! I'll never let you guys be taken again." Carter said still holding onto them tightly. "Baby!" Sophie exclaimed as Thomas Rhett to her and hugged her gently. "I'm here, sweetie. I'm here." He said kissing her lips before moving down to hold her slightly balding stomach. "Daddy missed you too, little one." He said to her stomach joyfully. "Alright, let's get our asses out of here." I said as we began to unchain them.
What's they were all unchained, we heard Thomas say, "OK, now let's get a mov...." as a walker version of Abel came from behind him causing Thomas to fall to the ground as walker Bale tried to bite his arm. "Thomas!" Sophie shouted about to attack the walker before Thomas Dr. Walker off of him instead it's head repeatedly. "Yeah! And fuck you too, asshole!!" He exclaimed. "Seriously, we need to go now!" And we shouted as we all left the small complex before hearing another voice say, "Wait, take me with you." I looked back to see in Arabic girl a little older than us with a dyed white streak in her hair. "Who... Who are you?" I asked her as everyone continue to run out except for Gabe who is still at my side. Like a good husband should be. Hope my name is... Jill. I defected from their group and they lock me up and prepared to execute me. Please get me out of here." She begged us. "And why should we trust you?" Gave asked her. "Because right now, you need as many people as you can get." She said. "Fine, but don't make us regret this." I said be getting to unchain her as she replied, "Don't worry. I won't." "OK, now let's go Clem. Before Lilly finds us in here." Gabe said is I unchained jail and we all ran out of the small complex to get back to everyone.