[24] Conflicted

[Anonymous P.O.V]

I walked as fast as I could to his motel room. He always hated when I was late. I didn't quiet like the place, the state of the motel was unpleasant and discomforting, not to mention creepy. According to me, only the most desperate people could live there.

My sling bag kept on hitting against my thigh as I increased the speed at which I was walking. I would be there in a few minutes if I continued walking this fast.

The sun was starting to set, the street that I was walking on was deserted, which only increased how quick I walked.

I released a breath when I noticed the motel coming to view, filling up my line of sight.

When I reached the entrance, I walked in the room filled with a cold atmosphere. I walked further until I reached the usual receptionist. After the old woman granted me entry, I was immediately on my way to Room D26.

I knocked on the door a couple of times before it creaked open... And his figure came to view. I was happy to see him considering the fact that I don't see him a lot. I begin to miss him when he is not around.

He grinned, "come in sweetheart"

I stepped into the motel room, I was unhappy with the condition but he explained the reason that we need to do this, why he needs to be here.

We both sat on the worn out black leather couch. I noticed how longer his hair got, probably because he mentioned he can't ever leave the building.

"I missed you" my voice filled the silence.

He grinned once again, before leaning towards me and left a kiss on my cheek.

"I can say the same sweetheart. But for now, we need to get to business."

"Are you talking about Justin and Amara?" I asked although I already knew that he was referring to them.

He nodded, "I want nothing but severe pain in their lives. It's funny how they think they can play me and get away with it just like that."

"Is your guy still going to do the job for you? " I asked,  I also needed some revenge. I couldn't let Justin get away with what he did to me...never! And as for that Amara, she did wrong by messing with us.

"Hell yeah. Franky would do anything for a quick buck."

"That's what I like to hear my love." I leaned forward and left a peck on his cheek.

"They deserve what's coming their way."

[End of P.O.V]

***

[Amara's P.O.V]

"Justin I really need to leave now!" I shouted for like the thousandth time as I waited for Justin to finish eating. We were getting late for school.

"I'm finished love." He spoke with chewed toast in his mouth, I covered my eyes.

"Eww you're disgusting."

Justin laughed before grabbing the car keys and placing his plate on the kitchen counter. We rushed outside and I waited in his flashy car as he locked the house.

Once we were on the road, I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window. I felt calmed just by watching tress, people and buildings pass... It felt like good therapy.

I think I was in that position for so long that I didn't notice that we had arrived. I was taken back to Earth when the car came to a halt and when I looked around, I noticed he just parked the car in the school's parking lot.

"You're finally back" Justin stated in humor.

"Justin what do you think you're doing?" I asked, my heart beating fast.

"What?"

Why did he look so hopelessly confused, as if he did not know what I was talking about.

"Why did you get inside the school? People are gonna see us together and I'm not ready for that."

"So are you trying to say that you're ashamed of being seen with me?" His eyes were dark.

"What? No. Justin that's not what I meant. It's just that... Almost everyone knows you in the school so once we exit this car together, people will start whispering about me...about us which will put me in a spotlight. The same spotlight that I've been trying to avoid from like...freshman year."

"Cakes you don't have to give a fuck about what anybody has to say. I mean all of these crack heads talk shit about me daily but I don't care about them. I don't care if I'm talked about love, so why should you?"

"You don't understand. This is just... I'll have a lot to explain to Leah and Kate why I'm being seen with you, which has major potential to tarnish our friendship. I will have to tell them EVERYTHING from how this whole thing began. I'll have to look them in the fucking eyes and explain how I've been lying to them about every single thing that happened in my life. Do you actually think that I would be able to do that now?" By this time I was almost yelling. I did not understand why he didn't understand my reasons, or at least try to view things from my perspective.

"I do understand that but I already said I'm here for you, you don't have to go through anything in your life alone. I mean your friends will have to know about this sooner or later. You can't hide it forever, you will eventually have to tell them so why are you delaying it?" Justin was trying to put reasons in my head...reasons of why I should just tell Kate and Leah everything.

To be honest, I am afraid. I've been afraid. The thought of losing my two best friends after telling them about all these lies I've been telling them just emotionally kills me. They are my friends and I love them.

But Justin is right, I will have to spill the truth sooner or later. Probably sooner than I thought.

Being all up in my thoughts, the corner of my eye caught the fast movement of a hand towards my face in fast speed. I raised up my arms up to cover my head in the usual way that I would.

What was happening?

"PLEASE-PLEASE DON'T HIT ME!" I screamed. I screamed like I would. I let the pain sound through my voice. What was happening? Why was Ben here? "Please don't hurt me - please" I screamed.

I waited for the stinging pain, I waited for bone shattering blow. But it never came.

Why wasn't the pain coming? Was I too numb? Did my body get used to the abuse that I felt no pain ?

"Cakes?"

My eyes shot open immediately. Slowly, I raised up my head in attempt to process everything. My mind was in a blur .

"Justin?"

He was not here. Ben wasn't here.

"I think you just had a flashback. I was not gonna hurt you God no!" My eyes were filled with tears when Justin pulled me towards him "Come here" He started enveloping me in a comforting hug and I let my tears run free, soaking up Justin's shirt.

My head was against his chest when I heard something beautifully comforting.

       My new favorite sound. The beating of his heart.

       In this moment, I felt like crying more, but I found myself smiling instead. The sound wasn't anything I've ever heard before.

      Noticing my expression, Justin grinned before whispering in my ear

      "That's the heart that beats for you cakes."

******