☠Quarter Finals: Byes and Voting☠

It was rough reading those entries, we'll admit it. All of you have brought such strength, such passion, and such dedication to your characters to the table that we've fallen in love with each and every one of you. It's not a stretch to say that we are deeply saddened to see any of you go. By all means, we must congratulate all of you on getting here and proving what amazing writers you are. All of you have done fantastic work that you should be proud of.

That said, let's lay down our impressions of everyone this task.

Milo Periander

☠  What is it to say that your heart is within every entry? There's a raw ache within your words that often leaves us gasping as we read. Your prose is beautiful and you have a real talent for description. That said, we feel a little left off in terms of the task and are left wanting more than just amazing description and heartfelt character angst. We'd love to see you branch yourself out and focus a little more on both task and action within your entries. Overall, we were thoroughly impressed.

Orville Stud

☠ We're confused in the best way every time you send in an entry. There's something whimsical about your writing style that really draws us in and places us within the world you've created. One thing that we're left wanting, however, is a little more coherency within the writing. The narrative voice seems itself to be confused, which can get a bit hard to read, and while we do enjoy a good challenge, we'd love to see you tackle this issue in a way that doesn't diminish from your overall style and story.

Roma Thorne

☠ Roma has such a way about her that every time we start reading an entry from you we find ourselves enamored by this vivacious girl. Your description here blew us away. Thanks for breaking our hearts with this entry. That ending line? You've really got it, girl. That said, we would love to see more of this in your entries. Give us more heart, more power, and really show us how far you can go with these entries.

Aspen Summers

☠ We were disappointed that you did not turn in.

American Elm

☠ Wow, the emotions you took us through in this entry. The pure passion, the realistic fight, and the amount of intrigue you managed to keep going throughout it all? We're in love with the love between American and Upton and it's no lie that you've written it down like a romance/horror/dystopian for the ages. That said, we'd love to see you push yourself to keep up the passion, to maybe work around with pacing for those fight scenes, and to keep bringing us this level of quality content.

Bellona Viellana

☠ There is power in your words that cannot be denied. You write to your fullest each time and we adore your entries because of it. Bellona is a character dear to our hearts and the tribulations she's gone through have just taken our breath away time after time. Our one concern might be that you can get so into your description that it can almost begin to ramble at times and we'd love to see a little more concise writing from you.

Mia Circut

☠ Wow. We weren't expecting this and honestly, you manage to surprise us with your entries time after time. You did a wonderful job and made us laugh when her hallucination ended--that is, through the tears you'd managed to bring up just seconds before. Your ending was powerful in a way that we weren't expecting and you really managed to capture the heart of the task. All we ask is that we get more of these entries. If we must be pressed for further comment, we'd say that you can dally a bit too much on details that aren't too relevant to the plot, and that can bog down your entry at times.

Kalyd Journeyman

☠ Honestly, there was something raw within your entry that left us scared as Kalyd went through his discoveries of how he might escape. We felt his pain and suffering. You write as though you are writing a book and that is what, we feel, makes your entries stand out. You do a wonderful job at that, but at times, your pacing can get a little slow and make the entry feel much longer than it really is.

Upton Snapper

☠ There was an impassioned fury in your entry that we just fell in love with. Upton is a character who fills up the page with his presence and this entry left our hearts saddened at the end of such an interesting alliance. Certainly, we must say this is one of your best entries. If we must say something to be picky, we'd say that we'd like to see more of the action within your entry and less of the 'blur' effect you give instead.

  So now, without further ado...

  ☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

The First Bye Goes To:

☠ MIA CIRCUIT ☠  

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

The Second Bye Goes To:

☠ UPTON SNAPPER ☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

☠ 

The Last Bye Goes To:

☠ AMERICAN ELM ☠ 

This means...

Milo Periander

Orville Stud 

Roma Thorne 

Aspen Summers

Bellona Viellana 

and Kalyd Journeyman 

Are destined to face voting this round. As hard a choice as it may be, we must ask you only to pick three of these wonderful competitors to move forward into the Semi-Finals. Voting will end Monday, October 1st at 8 PM CST.