☠Tribute Twelve: Wynder Douglas [katelynmckelle]

You can break my bones but you'll never break my spirit.

Name: Wynder Douglas

Gender: Female

Age: 19

District: Twelve

Appearance: Wynder has been told she's pretty, but she'd never believe it for herself. The scars that line her body are enough to make anyone cry just by looking at her. Her brown hair is almost always pulled up into a ponytail because it's too much work to do anything else. Her cat-like green eyes are almost always filled with worry. She rarely smiles and when she does the smiles don't reach her eyes. Slim from malnourishment but strong from hard-work and gumption, she gives the illusion of being weak. Don't let that fool you.

Personality: Wynder is not outgoing, but not necessarily shy. She speaks her mind when she thinks an injustice is occurring. She can be kind and sensible but also sarcastic and cold. Different situations require different ways to handle them. Oftentimes she can be found staring off into space, lost in the recesses of her mind—thinking of anything and everything. Most of all, she is fiercely loyal to those she cares about.

Past: Wynder was born into a loving family. She was her parent's world. They gave her everything they could, despite their constant poverty. She was a daddy's girl, his "little Winnie". Life was perfect. But all good things come to an end. When she was nine, her father became very ill. But her father couldn't afford the medicine that would cure him. She was devastated when he passed away.

Wynder's mother remarried less than a year later to someone named Vernon. Mandy claimed it was to help provide for their family, but that was not the case. Within the first year, her mother had twin brothers. And after they were born, Vernon began to show his true colors. He came home in drunken rages, throwing fists and breaking bones. Mandy was a coward and wouldn't stand up to her husband or leave him. Vernon never touched his sons though, mostly because Wynder would take the beatings for them. Maybe this was good, in hindsight, because it taught her how to fight.

Wynder's one solace in her otherwise tragic life was her best friend and boyfriend, Garret. He was two years older but loved her wholeheartedly. They would often run through the woods together, hunting for food to feed their hungry families. When the Reaping came around, Wydner was not drawn, but Garret's twelve-year-old sister was. She volunteered to take her place.

Strength: Wynder is a fighter—always has been. She never gives up. Her spirit wasn't broken by her stepfather and she'd be damned to let the games break her spirit. In addition, she is fairly intelligent. Being small has made her quick.

Weaknesses: Wynder's size is a problem in addition to her constant daydreaming. Her thoughts run away from her more often than she'd care to admit.