☠QF/Task Six: A Pound of Flesh☠

The glow caves have their charm and many would rather stay in the memory of the past than continue on to the future. Corradhin Cole, Scorpio Ramsay, and Kade Ruan have all decided to stay behind, leaving the nine of you to move forward. 

☠THE TASK☠

Welcome to the Quarter Finals, tributes! In this task, you will face what appears to be the final cave of the competition. The green caves, with their dripping mossy walls and deep, echoing halls beckon you. There is nowhere to go from here. All paths lead only to dead ends and the bones of those whose steps you now walk. Two options now face you: Go back, where there is no hope for survival...or face the one choice that will be your salvation. The first choice kills you. The second choice sets you free.

In the center of the green labyrinth sits a stone pedestal. Chunks of cold rock have been clawed away from its surface, leaving behind bloodstained fingernails and screams that still vibrate the stone. The pedestal opens up the walls of the cave to your final resting place.

It will only open to the correct sacrifice, however. Upon the pedestal place your weight in flesh. Then, and only then, will the gray upon the cave walls open up, and you will enter into a new cave, an unknown cave, a cave where the end of the games will be at hand. 

This task requires sacrifice and an end to any alliance you have made. One of you must stay behind, your blood and flesh weighing down the stone long enough for your allies to slip through. This requires death. This requires loss. If you find yourself alone, with no allies to call your own, there are two choices that remain: cut off your own excess flesh, or risk venturing into the now darkened tunnels to find a corpse that has been left to rot.

☠WORD LIMIT☠

5000 (we're watching you, Karla)

☠BALLOTS☠

Three. If you ballot yourself again this time, we will find you. 

☠DEADLINE☠

Saturday, September 29th, at 10:00 PM CST

Don't forget our thirty minute cushion time!

☠BALLOT CHALLENGE☠

Mia Circut has been chosen as our victim for this task. Oh, sweet Mia, you have lost 1000 words from your entry. Since you have reached the end of your sponsorship, you cannot use your 13 bottles to get out of this one. Good luck!

☠☠☠CHOICES GAME☠☠☠

For this task your choice is:

Hunt or be Hunted?

(*You only have one choice here because you have reached the end of the cave choices. This will be your last choice for the game.)