☠Tribute Twenty-Two: Pandora Lockster [NARWHALBABE]

Lost is the dreamer asleep in a box filled with curiosities.

Name: Pandora Lockster

Gender: female

Age: 17

District: 11(agriculture)

Physical Appearance: Small and delicate are words commonly used to describe Pandora. She’s a small girl who reached the average height of 5’5 by luck, missing the broadness of her siblings and others from district 11 replaced with soft curves. She’s as delicate as a flower with a round heart-shaped face, framed by dark kinky coils decorated with a flower crown of yellow flowers, made by her younger siblings. She has rich dark skin, smudged with dirt from working with plants most of the day and the softest hands which is strange coming from someone who works in the field. She’s a little on the plump side with a hazel eyes that are always in a far off gaze. She radiates an aura of stillness and peace which instantly effects anyone who comes in contact with her. A gentle being, her parents would say. Like a flower, you would think, but roses always have thorns.

Personality: People underestimate Pandora when they meet her. They think of a small farm girl who would never be able to survive the Games, forgetting the countless hours she spends on the fields planting crops that feed all of the districts. They think of a girl whose lost in her own mind unraveling the secrets of the world behind a kind smile and soft hands. They never bother trying to figure her out because she’s a mystery to everyone, even her own family so when they think of Pandora they think of strange. Despite that, they can’t help but wonder where she goes in the middle of the night, spotting her outline amongst the trees. What a simple girl like her could be thinking with her far off gaze, hidden in her own world. Chances are you’ll find her curled up with a book or amongst the plants as if they were her family, or roaming the streets on her free time to play with the children but other than that many don’t know who she really is. She’s definitely a reserved person, not quiet but isolated. She’s kind to most and a very lovable person. Like the story of the Greek maiden whom she’s named after, she has a curiosity that can never be satisfied. She wants to know why something happened, who it happened to, the when and the where, and would go to any extent to find an answer. While she plays the part of Pandora she was also the the box, filled with a world many don’t know, and like the story that world is best left undiscovered for in fear of what’s inside but behind the far off gazes and watching the sun rise and set each day, she’s a cunning girl who knows how to play her pieces. Always.

Past: Pandora was born in a large family, where if you wanted something, you worked hard for it. She was fourth oldest out of eight children, 4 boys and 4 girls. Out of all the children, her parents had the hardest time with her. She was always drifting away from reality to a world only she knew, and for a long time her parents were unsure if she would ever talk but finally by 3 she started speaking and properly too. She doesn’t have the physical strength of her older siblings who are all tall and have a strong build but maked up for that in knowledge. By the time she could read, she already picked up every book about plants and knew more than a basic farmer by 14. She lived peacefully with her family and got along with her younger siblings the most. She was kind to most and loved by many, but that didn’t hid the insecurities of people around them. Many people believed she was ‘special’ so she was often seen alone but usually by choice, she found nature more pleasant than people .

When the Reaping came, Pandora didn’t think much about it until she was picked. Fear usually never bothered Pandora but when they called her name, she didn’t know what to make of it. So in place of fear, came the desire for survival and that’s what she plans to do.

Strengths: Pandora has a sharp mind when it comes to practical situations. She’s able to plan ahead and is very flexible when it comes to plans. With this ability she’s able to create traps and with her expertise on plants, she’s able to provide for herself and create medicine if needed.  

Weaknesses: Despite her brilliant mind and expertise in plants, physical strength doesn’t come as easy. She has enough to pass by and carry her own weight but can’t do any more especially when weapons enter the picture so she hopes to avoid any combat.