☠Tribute Nineteen: Saphaia Lapis [rennzalos]

The mask has fallen, finally allowing her to breathe as the Saphaia that no one knew.

Name: Saphaia Lapis

Age: 15, but she died at 14 right after her birthday.

District: One

Physical Appearance: Saphaia's genetics make her a unique person, from her overall body makeup to the smallest freckle on her nose, but what's always noticed first about her face are her eyes. Heterochromia is a big part of her individuality, the left eye a bright, almost coppery hazel, and the right a bright blue like the endless morning sky. They are always alert, watching those around her with a careful gaze. Dark ebony bangs are never tucked behind her ears anymore, framing her pale freckled face gently, giving her a more mature vibe now that her hair is longer. Her lips are always settled in a soft line, never moving unless she wishes to talk, and when she does it's a soft yet firm noise, the voice of a girl who has endured through too much to let herself be drowned out by anyone else anymore. She stands at a height of 5'3", since she no longer grew after turning thirteen, and her body is lean, boyish, with little to no curves to her figure.

She appears so soft, so innocent, that for a moment it's almost effortless to forget the deep scars littered across her arms, the long gash across her neck, the little nick through her eyebrow--but when one takes it all in, it's overwhelming to think that a mere child survived it all.

Personality: Long ago, the Saphaia from the 120th Hunger Games would've always been seen smiling, her innocent face beaming like the sun after a rainy day, hiding a skilled manipulator underneath her freckled skin. She was once a strong young lady with a clever mind and a keen eye for behavioral patterns in others, using her abilities to her advantage and twisting her own image so much that every other person--anybody from District One, the Capitol, even the other tributes in the Arena--would never be able to figure out who she truly was. Her walls were too strong to be broken, her guard never let down, and in contrast she always had others open up to her and expose themselves in a regrettable moment of vulnerability. She was smooth, like a snake, always watching for herself only so that she would not become the prey to someone else. But her mask could only stand for so long. It cracked, and bits and pieces fell along with her malicious intentions. The Saphaia that everyone sees today no longer smiles, whether it be falsely or genuinely, and she's lost the mirage of a sweet child that only wants to survive in a harsh reality. She's a raw, uncut diamond in an everlasting history of glittering gems, an ugly little thing in District One's eyes.

However, she still has her high IQ and a strong sense of ambition. She still has her determination and her sharp tongue. For now, she doesn't know who she is--but perhaps she'll start with that.

Past: Like every other child, Saphaia's story begins with a "once upon a time," but instead of being born into a family that loved her, she grew up while watching her loved ones fall apart at the seams. The Lapis family was an unstable environment, with a deceased father, a mother who could care less, and four rowdy older brothers with extremely different personalities. As a young girl, Saphaia resented everyone in her life and unfortunate events caused her to turn into a villain too soon, living her life without a proper childhood and turning everyone else's youth sour. If anything, she accepted the Arena as a more welcoming place than District One, ready to die when the time came, but also willing to win and come out with a new sense of respect. However, she gave up in the end, too exhausted to keep fighting herself and living to always see disappointment everywhere around her. With a quiet apology to her brothers and only friends at home, she let herself blow up on top of a mine--a depressing end to a depressing story. She wishes not to elaborate on anything else.

Not many know, however, that Saphaia died without regrets. She knew that somewhere, someday, she would get another chance to turn her life around. And, obviously, she did--but she's going to have to fight in order to make her new Happily Ever After a reality.

Strengths: Saphaia was known for her random bursts of speed whenever she ran, using it to her advantage to strike an enemy down and sprint away. She can outrun everyone taller than her, and her agility and light weight also aids her when she parkours over obstacles. Combined with her smarts and ability to use small weapons, Saphaia is a dangerous athlete in a sport of killing.

Weaknesses: Saphaia is weak, lacking in muscle to overpower anybody heavier than she is, and while she's able to lift large weapons like axes and broadswords, she's doesn't have much experience with melee weapons. She's easy to break if one can accurately find the correct pressure points in her system.

Other:  Saphaia once treasured a simple yet expensive sapphire pendant that was a gift from her late father, but it was broken off her neck when she fell onto the mine and it was never found. It's theorized that both the gemstone and chain were completely obliterated in the explosion.