☠Tribute One: Milo Periander [lostwithmyfriends]

Gambling lovers learn to never hold hands.

Character Name: Milo Periander

Gender: Male

Age: 27

District: N/A

Physical Appearance: Milo's hair and beard meld into one trail of lush, bright orange cotton. It's like a shop of tapestries, hanging to cover the windows but still letting light through thin strands, opaque and transparent simultaneously bleeding sun and moon. His colors are red and black, grounded yet aflight with beautiful blue eyes in the air. Milo's lips are cracked, arid, never broken into a smile and therefore left to rot and dry. With skin pale and hair burning, he seems in constant midflush, always tangy, rarely serene. He's the memory of a fire that never happened, the tarot reading of burning men singed by sweet flame; he's the scent of smoke coming from miles away, the taste of something so hot it numbs the tongue. Volcanic and rugged, Milo Periander appears the footstep in peaceful sand, rubbed away in the heat.

Personality: Milo carries himself like flames do- careless, free, but strapped to existing as he corrodes everything and everyone. He's the brightest man of sin one will ever see, with sour words and a tendency to seal himself off like a dead light bulb, once capable of luminescence, but lost as billowing gas. The idea of ashen lungs and a heart eroded has invaded his mind, and now he never seems to be able to catch his breath. He once loved to love and worked to be good, but things happen as swiftly as a room can go from bright to black, and he's since been poisoned, acidic, a drop of blood in the clearest glass of water. He's a stain. He's damaged. Constantly on edge, consistently exhausted, and forever broken, Milo doesn't have very much human hope left.

Past: All's left is the memory of a selfish boy. Man, really, but his face had said otherwise, with the caress of playing cards rather than fingers, purging in the dark as he rubs your back instead of a lightswitch. When one gambles, they believe the only chance of winning is their own; with money, with charm, with love, a person takes risk consciously regarding consequences as solely affecting them, and no one else. But that's not true. Actions have indirect victims, and Milo Periander has experienced it first and secondhand. He's killed and been killed by jacks of all spades, his world defined by this: I abuse myself. Pick a card, any card- they'll all reveal themselves sooner or later.

Strengths: Milo has a strong self-awareness, processing his surroundings at the speed of real conversation, always knowing of what's behind him, a circular peripheral in any place. His sense of risk and consequence is strong in moments of action, knowing when to leap and when to search alternate routes, when to eat or throw away at risk of disease; he's an intelligent decision-maker, guessing the roll of die after die.

Weaknesses: He's prone to emotion. It's dangerous how easily he loses sight of the path when anger erupts inside him; his overcoming is quick. Desperation boils, sadness drowns. He feels in extremes, and this often prevents him from moving, breathing, even sleeping. Milo's chest is anchored by guilt, slowing down the hours when all he wants is time to keep moving and the world to just spin.