☠Tribute Ten: Sailee Daniels [RappyTheDinosaur]

Let me be the star the burns bright, don’t let me flicker and die without a soul to care that I’m gone. 

Name: Sailee Daniels (pronounced SIGH-lee)

Gender: Female

Age: 17

District: One

Appearance: Sailee is stunning, even by District One standards. Her skin is porcelain pale and blemish free, and her eyes are large and deep brown. She stands at five foot seven inches tall with a dancer’s lithe and toned body. Her eyebrows are carefully plucked to shape, and her lips are full and shapely. Her most striking feature is her glossy, fire red hair. She is most proud of her hair, the one trait that sets her apart from her numerous siblings.

Personality: Sailee is a complete and utter drama-queen, through and through. She’s been acting for as long as she can remember, and it shows. She’s bright, happy, flirtatious and playful most of the time. But when her fuse is lit, you’d better hope you’re not the on her fury is aimed at. When angered, Sailee can be cold and ruthless. Her siblings are very familiar with that side of her. 

Past: Sailee spent most of her life with her single mother Louise Daniels, a talented but relatively unknown dancer and actress. Sailee dreamed of being just like her mother, and poured all of energy and free time into acrobatics, acting, singing, and dance. Her father was Apollo. No, not that Apollo, obviously. Apollo Solaris, The Capital’s most famous musician. Louise would often tell her daughter stories of their whirlwind romance, and how se hoped he would one day meet Sailee. That fateful meeting happened when Sailee was fifteen, and under the worst possible circumstances. Louise Daniels had been killed, quite suddenly and unexpectedly, in a hit and run. Sailee was sent to live in her father’s District One mansion— he had a home in every District— where she met her disinterested father and a handful of half siblings. Apollo’s star-crossed love with Sailee’s mother had been a regular weekend occurrence for him, it seemed, and Sailee was one of almost twenty by-products, scattered all across Panem. She was not special. And she hated it. At seventeen, she gave up and entered the Hunger Games. She would either emerge a Victor, someone her father and the world would have to pay attention to, or she would die a glorious death and maybe someone out there would weep for her. She ended up betrayed and slaughtered by an ally rather early on. She is not pleased. 

Strengths: Sailee is a quick-thinker. Due to years of acting and improvisation, she has no trouble thinking on her feet and making snap decisions. As far as physical strengths go, Sailee has been dancing almost as long as she’s been walking, and trained for nearly a decade in acrobatics. She doesn’t tire easily, and could definitely hold her own in a hand-to-hand combat situation. 

Weaknesses: Sailee is extremely petty. For example, she took the existence of her siblings as a personal attack, and devoted a large portion of her time to making their lives a living hell for the crime of having the same father. She’s selfish too, which seems odd given how kind she can be [to anyone who isn’t her brother or sister] but deep down, her hope is that her kindness will lead others to think favorably about her and remember her. More than anything she fears mediocrity and being forgotten.