☠Tribute Twenty-Seven: Nero Miranda [josie-tee]

His world is alight with flames; stand too close and you'll be burned.

Character Name: Nero Miranda

Gender: Male

Age: 21

District: Two

Physical Appearance: He has aged, but some things have not changed; a strong jawline, nimble fingers, and deep blue eyes that flicker with the reflection of flames. His hair is no longer spiked up, but falls over his forehead, and what used to be clean-shaven cheeks have become rough with a thin beard, the same dark brown as his hair and thick eyebrows. The years have only served to make him stronger, more muscular - gone are the days of thin, lean arms and silly leather gloves, replaced by a strong chest and limbs that finally match his height.

Personality: Four years, and yet Nero Miranda is still charming, still cocky, and still flirtatious, and his mind has not weakened over the years. He is a strategist first and foremost, and if that means making or breaking alliances for what is best for him, he'll do it without a thought. Though he would rather be with animals than people, he's a social animal when he needs to be, but tries to cultivate an air of mystery around himself - partly to ensure that he stands out, and partly so no one gets too close. Nero can be a bitch when he's in his low moods: he withdraws even further or lashes out, and during these times his impulsivity is strong, and he can be found wandering the streets or picking a fight. His low moods are fewer now than when he was younger, but they have only grown stronger when they come back.

Past: Nero was raised by a domineering mother, Elia, and a usually-absent father, whose job as a Peacekeeper meant he was gone most of the time and imposing when he wasn't, creating a boy who trained as hard as possible and still wasn't good enough. Throughout his training, he found himself going through bouts of low moods and times when he would exert himself to the point of exhaustion in desperation to prove himself. His two older sisters never made it to the Games, and when Nero volunteered, everyone expected him to be the golden boy of the Games, the tribute pretty enough to earn sponsors and strong enough to win when his luck ran out, and it was partly the truth. He gained a few sponsors and joined an alliance with his fellow Careers and a tag-along, and watched it dwindle as they lost allies and ties with each other, and despite his luck and his charm and his parents' expectations, Nero too fell victim to first his own mind, and then the blade of another tribute through his skull.

Strengths: He's beautiful, charming, and has a cheeky smile - if that isn't enough to win sponsors, then what is? His mind is his strongest muscle, and he is willing to take days or weeks to fulfill a plan so long as his patience is rewarded by a body in a snare. He knows his weaknesses, and this time, the thoughts of his parents will not taunt him as they did before.

Weaknesses: Himself - he has let his guard down before, and as much as he wants to win, it will happen again. The only question is when. Nero's muscles too, are still mainly useless when it comes to hand-to-hand, one of the reasons he likes keeping his distance from the results of his meticulous plans.

Other: Though he used to like rope, he plays with fire now, and he brought with him a piece of worn flint, though the steel he will have to find himself.