☠Tribute Eight: Edelina Renova [fiery-hallows]

Medicine is like a poison in disguise: it promises more than it gives.

Name: Edelina Renova

Gender: Female

Age: 19 (originally 16 when she competed in the Hunger Games)

District: 12

Physical Appearance: It has been years since her entrance in a world of plague and illness, yet her green eyes still hold a subtle gleam of confidence. Her long red hair, flickering like a flame in the slightest of breezes, has somehow remained soft and styled despite the phlegm and tar that once clung onto her locks. The flowers she painted on her arm once long ago were still present, their beauty slightly marred with holes punctured in the petals, and the vines and leaves singed at the edges and ends by poison. Her figure still remains slightly wiry, but her skin has a healthy glow to them--almost as if she had never been plagued with the sickness spreading in the arena.

Personality: On the outside, Edelina seems calm and collected; on the inside, she feels a tumult of many emotions depending on many situations. She would never allow her true emotions to show on her face, though, threatening to put her in a vulnerable position. Due to this, she mostly remains quiet, only speaking when she needs to. She's a disciplined girl who would never speak out of turn, or interrupt anyone, or argue with anyone. If you have gained her trust in some way, she would help you, but only if she knows you're not a liar.

Past: Edelina grew up a painter and a healer. She was an experimenter, an innovator, always trying out new things with her pencils on paper and brush on canvas. Colourful hues surrounded her life, even in a home like District 12 that only knew grey and black. Her philosophy mostly revolved around the pictures she painted on her canvas, the vibrant colours dancing with the arcs and shapes she made with her paintbrush.

She was reaped into the Hunger Games a few years ago in an arena infested with the plague. Quarantined there with twenty-seven other tributes over the course of several days, she suffered from toxic odourless gases and corpses that refused to do her bidding, and was very close to making it out alive. However, the sickness overpowered her after her powerful hallucinations have concluded, leaving her the last in the arena to fall into death's arms. She knew not who survived, but this time she refused to let her flame die. Just as a phoenix rose from the ashes, she too would rise with newborn strength and will, and she would not let anyone snatch her life away again.

Strengths: Regardless of the situation, Edelina can remain calm. Her ability to hide her true emotions from others would make her somewhat harder to judge. She is a very skilled healer; years of helping her mother tend to wounded coal miners in the past gave her dexterous hands and vast knowledge on the different kinds of medicines and cures at her disposal. She has some basic experience with weapons, and she is a quick runner too; she can almost fly on her feet over different kinds of terrain, making her hard to target and catch.

Weakness: She does not do well with close hand-to-hand combat, nor can she handle heavy weapons that could shatter her frame. Constant naggers and buggers could also make her snap when least expected, and anyone questioning her and her silent demeanour would be given a very, very nasty treatment from her hand.