☠Tribute Eighteen: Bellona Viellana [adonian]

The goddess of war remains golden, but even the golden must tarnish.   

Character Name: Bellona Viellana

Gender: Female

Age: Seventeen

District: Ten

Physical Appearance: With skin like ivory, you can tell Bellona belongs in District Ten. Her skin is bronze after working hours underneath the harsh sun, and she tans easily rather than peels. Differing from the common appearance from Ten, however, Bellona has dark curls instead of silky blond hair that falls flat. Her hair seems too dark of a color to even be real—her locks appear to be dyed with ink. Her eyes seem dark brown, but whenever the light hits them, they are hazel and bursting with flecks of gold. They are the color of earth after rain, all while being the color of the earth without rain. Her smile is genuine, and that is all that one needs to know. No matter how often she is caught with a soft grin spread across her face, it is as genuine as genuine can be. Furthermore, Bellona stands at five feet, seven inches; because of her height, her body figure can be called willowy, rather than childish and immature. Her legs and arms are muscled after years of work on her parent's cattle plantation, so she is as fit as her district has allowed her to be. She can never be called "sexy," but she is very much beautiful.

Personality: Her name is defined as "warrior," and whether or not it fits her, she is unsure. She is very much aggressive, having worked on a plantation all her life. Though she treats the animals with respect, sometimes they don't like being herded, so she has to chase after them and throw herself onto them. Likewise, whenever Nox or Maize, sometimes both, launch themselves onto her back, she doesn't pull her punches. She tackles whichever of the two she can, and she pins them to the floor until they promise to stop messing with her. The swift moments come easily to her, almost as if she was meant to fight with physical strength alone.

On the other hand, Bellona is very much benevolent, always inviting and always polite. She is a pleasant person to have around, for her presence is enough to get others to lighten up and remember to exist rather than simply live. Her understanding of people—from reading them, to reacting to them—and her social awareness makes her intelligent in ways that the other tributes might not be. Certainly she is smart in other ways—she is in some of the more advanced courses at school—but her aptitude with people and their moods is her specialty.

Past: The Viellana family prides itself on being known for their generosity and their humble nature. In a district that is in conditions like their own, their reason for popularity should be something to laugh at, but those who would be laughing are under their mercy due to labor and living. The family owns one of the largest cattle plantations in District Ten: not only does it house a variety of animals ready for slaughter and packaging, but it also houses multiple families who work on the farm.

Josiah Viellana, Bellona's dad, is the owner of the estate, and he is a gentle man who loves all his people. There's near nothing he wouldn't do to help anyone in the district, especially those who live on his land; after so many years of working alongside those people, he considers them family—distant family, but family all the same. Maria Viellana, Bellona's mom, is the woman who is in charge of the workers themselves and who makes sure the plantation doesn't fall into shambles. Though she is as polite as her husband, she is wary of those she hasn't known for a period of time. She knows of her family's reputation, and she knows how people can take advantage of them; she is no stranger to the underlying nature of those who are desperate.

Nox Viellana, the oldest sibling and the older twin, is nothing short of a charmer. Certainly he is kind, but his own reputation comes from a dimpled smile and too-fluttery eyes. He works easy with people, and usually he will be the one to take over their mom's duties whenever she is sick or requires a break. Maize Viellana, the middle sibling and the younger twin, is almost the same in his suave personality. People follow him rather than walk alongside him, and anything he says is taken as truth. In the eyes of everyone else but Bellona, the twins are delightful sweethearts. She knows mischievous they are, having always been the target of their pranks. She tolerates them, however; she loves them as much as she loves her parents. It's a wonderful thing, she believes, to know what real love looks like; even more wonderful is to experience it.

It's with this knowledge that grace took over her and she presented herself in her family's image. Whether it be in school, during academic or physical competitions, she reminded herself to remain grateful and humble in both victory and defeat. It would be untrue to say she never experienced jealousy or anger, especially at her failures, but she handled herself in an absolute manner. When she advanced through basic courses, and then aced the advanced courses, she never rubbed it in anyone's faces; she simply would nod and accept thankfully her congratulations. Perhaps that is why she remained popular, not because her friends' parents needed to remain in good grace with her own.

Strengths: Because of her job on the farm, Bellona is a stable runner. She has chased a multitude of animals, particularly chickens, for long distances, and she doesn't tire easily. Likewise, Bellona excels in hand-to-hand combat, partly due to tackling runaway pigs, but mostly because of her brothers' constant pranks. She knows how to lug a person over her shoulders, and she knows the quickest and most effective way to pin someone down underneath her. Furthermore, there will be no hesitation to kill on her behalf. She has slaughtered countless animals, and the difference between animals and people who want her to die cannot be one of much importance—or so she hopes.

Weaknesses: Though she is full of stamina, Bellona is not the fastest of runners. Sure, she can sprint once in a while, but it is the short bursts of speed that tire her out; she's not used to running quickly for a prolonged period. Swimming will also be another of her setbacks. The largest bodies of water in the district are sorry excuses for lakes, used mostly for watering animals. She has swum in them a few times, but they have never been deep enough for her to really define her own technique. In the arena, she will not drown, but she will be an easy target for those who excel. Additionally, separate from the physical, Bellona is used to the hospitable nature of her district; she is accustomed to the cycle of giving and returning, of always having someone by her side. While she will not blindly trust, she will be desperate to find a companion who can remind her of her own aspects and her own morals, who will depend on her at the same frequency that she will depend on them.

Other: As a token, she will bring in her silver locket. The outside has an engraving of her initials and the family plantation's seal, and the inside contains a picture of her parents on the left, with a picture of her brothers on the right.