☠Task Five: The Glowing Past☠

Since Valeria Thracius, Bonnie Everheartte, Georgina Traine, Edelina Renova, and Pandora Lockster all got cold feet, let's power on through! Full steam ahead, tributes!

☠THE TASK☠

Welcome to the very first task of the competition and the very last task not set in chronological order! We hope you're ready to crack down on your character arcs and toss those flashlights in the trash because in this task you'll be visiting the beautiful glow caves we've described for you on our caves list. Now, since this task is technically going to be about your character's life before the arena, use of the caves can be minimal. However, those lovely glowing mosses have a particular side effect of stimulating memory and hearing voices coming from the cracks in the walls, or even messages scrawled on the rocks from conversations long dead, is perfectly normal. As long as you don't slip and fall into one of the many, many, many bottomless pits scattered throughout this scenic resting spot, you should be fine to catch your breath and tend your wounds. Try the moss crabs! If the venom in their human-teeth embedded claws doesn't kill you, the pain you'll get from eating decidedly raw shellfish will make you wish it had.

In these memories, you can mention any part of your character's life. Their birth, their death, their funeral, their rebirth, as long as it's happened in the past then it's fair game. We know a lot of you have already fleshed out your character's backstory as much as you would have liked in their previous competitions, but we firmly believe you've got at least one good scene in their somewhere that you never got the chance to write. If this is a new character of yours, then have at it! We're stoked to see what you come up with. 

☠WORD LIMIT☠

4,000 Words

☠BALLOTS☠

Three ballots this task!

Two deaths, if you think you'll need them. 

☠DEADLINE☠

Wednesday, September 19th at 10 PM CST

Don't forget our thirty minute cushion time!

☠BALLOT CHALLENGE☠

Congratulations to Mia Circut and Kalyd Journeyman! We've got two choices for you today! You can either lose 1,000 words from your word count, or you can include your character getting trapped in our "bottomless" pits and having to find a way to escape. (Nobody said those thirteen bottles couldn't be full of ladders, Mia)

In addition, American Elm will have the option of using his Mystery Sponsor Gift this task. Want to take a gamble? We've spun the wheel and you've landed on the rare, the elusive, the Piggyback Score! Within the next 24 hours, you can send us the name of one competitor. Whatever score they make in this task, you also make regardless of what you send in! There are a few stipulations, however. If they get a bonus, you do not. You are also, unfortunately, not allowed to choose anyone else who has a Sponsor Perk. Choose wisely!

☠☠☠CHOICES GAME☠☠☠

For this task your choices are:

Yarn or String?

As well as:

Shoe or Sock?