☠Tribute Twenty-Four: Grainne Miller [lostandfounde]

Strength does not always lie where you think it does.

Character Name: Grainne Miller

Gender: Female

Age: 17

District: 9

Physical Appearance: Pretty. Young. Athletic. That is what most people think when they see her. Before the Games, with her dark hair down and sparkling eyes, she looked like a young, innocent, and carefree girl. Now her eyes have lost that sparkle, and she almost always keep her hair back with a tight braid. Still, despite what she had gone through in the arena, there is still an air of innocence around her. Perhaps because her life before the Games didn't have the cruelty and suffering other Tributes experienced. She is thin but not too thin. A long, jagged scar sits right above her elbow, and other scars from knife wounds decorate the space just below her right ear. In spite of those, people still see her as beautiful, and Grainne Miller knows it.

Personality: At first glance, Grainne Miller is an arrogant, reckless girl who could care less about the people around her. At second glance, Grainne Miller is a quick, intelligent girl full of ideas and strategies who is sometimes quick to smile and laugh. At third glance, Grainne Miller is a broken girl who smiles when she is around people she trusts, yet she hopes for someone or somethibg to break her out of this horrible cycle. Those are the three faces of Grainne Miller, but as who she truly is . . . Well, no one has figured that out yet.

Past: With her father as the mayor of District 9, no really expected her to become a Tribute. Apart from a few friends, she had grown up almost entirely separate from the district's people, as they feared her father. Her father was not cruel nor ruthless, but he was strict and stern and upholded the laws as well as he could. Still, unlike other district leaders, he loved his people and tried to help them whenever he could. That was why though the people feared him, they loved him in some ways too.

Her mother is a soft-spoken woman, always there to help her father. She has an older brother who some think is being groomed to become the next mayor. She has a sister younger by three years.

Most may think everything changed for her when she was reaped as a Tribute. They are wrong. It changed during the Reaping of the year before hers, for that was the year they reaped the first boy Grainne loved. Grainne remembers not wanting to watch the Games but knowing she should, and most of all, she remembers the pain and agony that bloomed inside of her when she saw the lifeless eyes of the boy she loved onscreen.

Strengths: Grainne is intelligent, and she knows it, always being praised by her teachers and her parents and everyone. Grainne is also fast, and she also knows it, having won several races already. Speed is always of the essence to her as she developed her ability to think, learn, and devise strategies quickly, too.

Before her first Game, she had never held a weapon before. She won it without any physical weapon, but since then, she decided to learn to use at least one. She trained with knives and daggers, and though she is great with them, she is at her strongest when she holds a sword.

Weaknesses: Grainne is terrible at archery. Though she is strong enough to wield a sword, she is not strong enough to lift anything heavier than that. She can swim but fears the water and would only do it if she has no other choice and could only do it if someone forces her too. She is also arrogant, believing she has a solution for everything. She has a problem bottling up her emotions, and though she does not want to trust or loves others, most of the time, once her walls have been at least cracked, she can trust and love easily. With that and a multitude of other weaknesses, Grainne sometimes fears that though she knows she is good, she won't be good enough.