☠Tribute Three: Valeria Thracius [CAKersey]

What lies behind a broken mirror?

Name: Valeria Thracius [VAH-lee-REE-ah Thrah-tchee-us]

Gender: Female

Age: Eighteen, again

District: Two

Physical Appearance: Valeria resembles a broken mosaic; pretty, sure, but jagged and dangerous nonetheless - more so, in fact. Her features are sharp and pointed, particularly her chin, and her eyes have a cutting look to them that confirm her ferocity hasn’t gone anywhere. No matter who she is or what she goes through, her energy remains the same. Still, she looks somewhat subdued since the second Quarter Quell. Her trademark smirk has gone flat and her eyes have sunken in slightly, hidden in bags of fatigue and weariness. Most strikingly is the change in her body shape, which has lost a chunk of its muscle mass to death. This doesn’t stop her from standing tall, though, and anyone who sees her would know that she means business however much she may have changed.

Personality: Despite the trials of the fiftieth Hunger Games, Valeria remains rather unchanged; after all, she knew going into the Games that they’d likely kill her. If anything, dying has made her more stubborn and pushed her further into her conviction that she’s always right. She’s also learned autonomy, no longer trying to please her parents or anyone but herself - and that means she plans on playing these Games her way. Luckily, Valeria learned a little tact during her time in the arena, and now knows when it’s best to hold her tongue. A cunning thinker and skilled manipulator, Valeria knows it’s best to stay out of the spotlight. This doesn’t bother her, really, considering she’s never liked attention in the first place. In her first Games, she played second-in-command of the Career pack, knowing it would benefit her to keep a bigger target on someone she thought she could control. As it turns out, she’s not as great a judge of character as she thought.

Past: For the first eighteen years of her life, Valeria was a mirror onto who her parents projected their reflections. Born to Two’s top Trainer and its most broken victor, she spent many years pulled between the glamour and the atrocity of the Games. Although she originally sided with her mother and decided never to enter the arena, she changed her plans on her last reaping to protect her best friend and lover, Irena, from her deadly ambitions.

In the arena, Valeria quickly become a front-runner, snagging the top training score and leading the Career pack hidden behind their figurehead, District One’s Cosmo Cavalli. As the numbers dwindled and the Games’ largest Career pack remained intact, paranoia began to gnaw at Valeria, who tried to escape and kill Cosmo along the way. While her escape was successful, her attack wasn’t, and she later fell at Cosmo’s hands, ranking a disappointing fifth place.

Strengths: In an arena of forty-eight tributes, and with a Career pack of fourteen, Valeria was the best killer; this part of her game needs no work. She’s smart enough to plan out a solid strategy, and capable of pushing through most anything thrown at her. In many ways, Valeria is Two’s perfect Victor.

Weaknesses: Perhaps the most self-destructive aspect of Valeria last time was her impulsiveness. Many commentators and analysis experts (including her own father) have, since her first Games, suggested that she left the safety of the Career pack too soon. Thankfully, her identity crisis seems to be resolved, but Valeria still has a reputation for being volatile and rash. Although she knows alliances will be crucial to her survival, her tendency to paranoia may make it hard for her to maintain them.