☠F/ Task Eight: All That Glitters, Fades ☠

It is with a heavy heart that we must say goodbye to another wonderful character in this competition. They did a wonderful job and consistently turned in and had great scores. This character was someone who was dear to our hearts and often swept us away in each and every task. We would love to say that we could let everyone through, and just keep reading from all you amazing authors forever, but alas, we are heartbroken and must announce that only four will be going on to the finale. That said,

American Elm

You were a star. Thank you so much for your hard work, your dedication, and the skill and joy you brought to this competition. Your presence will be missed.

However, it is with great joy that we announce that there is one last task for the rest of you to write, and we are excited as ever to see the performances of each and every one of you. Welcome to the end.

☠THE TASK☠

Tie up your loose ends. All those frayed edges? Get some glue, the scissors, whatever you have to get rid of them, and make this a coherent piece of fiction that you've written up. You can go into the past, into the future, into the oh-god-straight-after-the-last-task, this is entirely up to you and we are excited to see what you will give us.

The one thing that you must include in your entry is your character delivering a eulogy for all those who have died in the games. This must be on camera, delivered to all of Panem, and whatever results from this is entirely up to you. How does your character do it? Do they care about those that died or is each death just another face in a lifelong string of cannons fired? Whatever the case, now is your moment. Make us proud. 

☠WORD LIMIT☠

None! Go nuts. 

☠DEADLINE☠

 Tuesday, October 23rd, at 10 PM CST

Special Awards will go up one hour before voting is announced. We hope to see you all there!