☠Tribute Thirteen: Aspen Summers [LightOfTheMooneh]

Mama, just killed a man [Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen] and my brother hung himself for it; now let me hang.

Character Name: Aspen Summers

Gender: Female

Age: 15

District: 7

Physical Appearance: There's an innocence in her face—in her rosy cheeks and soft voice. But eyes don't lie, and her eyes tell a tale of hardships and pain in their chestnut brown. Now, Aspen's face is marred by the tiredness that sags under her eyes, by the frown that sits on her rouge-colored lips, by her skin—once, it was radiant—that never glows. Her hair is a mess of waves, colored a natural-reddish brown that's beautiful only in the sun. She's small, and though her 5'4'' height never stopped her from achieving her goals before her previous Hunger Games, it's what she hides behind now.

Personality: The innocence of her face is reflected in the shy girl who keeps to herself in Seven. This timid, creative girl who's clever and observant is what Aspen was before her first Hunger Games. It's what she forced herself to be afterwards. But don't be fooled—Aspen is a ticking bomb. She's killed before, betrayed before, died before, and she's willing to die (did I say die? I meant do) it all again.

Past: The Hunger Games destroyed Aspen's world; it's only fair she destroys it, isn't it?

Though Aspen was never close to either of her parents, both her brother and sister hold a place close to her heart. They're twins, and when one twin dies, it seems that fate always finds a way to kill the other. When Aspen was ten, Rowan was reaped at sixteen. He faced the arena head on, with two sisters to come back home to, and he was successful. That was the first and only victor that the Summers family would ever have. Two years later, Alicia, eighteen at the time, volunteered for her best friend. Mentored by her twin brother and beloved to the Capitol audience, Alicia made it to the final four. But that's as far as she went because her ally murdered in her sleep.

If Aspen learned anything from Alicia's death, it's to never trust an ally. But three years later, she was reaped into her own Hunger Games, and she found herself with an ally as the Bloodbath came to a close. That didn't last long, however, when her ally turned against her and Aspen had to flee. Later, Aspen would ally with someone who saved her life, to repay a debt, but would later betray her by abandoning her, and then later killing her. Aspen isn't afraid to betray again.

When Aspen killed her ally, Rowan, who'd been mentoring her at the time, hung himself in his quarters at the Capitol. I guess he couldn't stomach what she'd become.

Strengths: She's fast—at running and thinking both. She's great at making decisions on the fly, and she's got a talent for enduring pain—both mental and physical. Rowan gifted her a pair of throwing knives once (after he became a Victor), and she's trained with them since. Her aim is deadly (but let's be honest here, her "innocence" is deadlier).

Weaknesses: Her size, though it enables her to be fast on her feet, has always been a disadvantage for her. She isn't strong enough to wield an axe, a sword or most weapons, and doesn't do all that well in extremely close combat. She's got a pretty big fear of heights too. She doesn't like letting people down either, but then again, she doesn't exactly have all that many people to let down at the moment, does she?