453: Serves You Right

Once the words deceiving the ruler were spoken, the citizens that had come to cause trouble immediately felt their legs give out, as they all dropped to their knees. Someone loudly begged: "County princess, please don't go! County princess, you absolutely must not go!"

Feng Yu Heng snorted coldly: "What was it that you said just now? You clearly said that this county princess was devoid of gratitude. What is it, upon hearing that he had committed the crime of deceiving the ruler, was that grace and favor cast to the back of your minds?"

Of course! Of course, it had to be cast to the back of their minds. They had just wanted money. They were not stupid. Other crimes were easier to accept, but this crime was not something to be trifled with.

Someone turned an angry gaze toward the matriarch and loudly said: "Elder madam Feng, you wanted us to beg for the life of someone that has angered the Emperor. What sort of heart do you have?"

Once these words were said, someone immediately followed up, saying: "Right! Could it be that you were hoping to send us to our deaths? You wanted to use our lives to trade for your son's life?"

The matriarch was completely speechless because they were correct. She had truly thought this way.

The people saw that she did not speak then turned their attention to her expression. How could they not understand? The poor people did not have much to think about. Those that had nothing to lose feared nothing. The matriarch had such a vicious heart and wanted their lives, yet they had to work with the matriarch to do their best!

Once this thought surfaced, the people rushed toward the matriarch.

Fen Dai let out a shriek, and the matriarch began yelping. Granny Zhao did not even have a chance to let out a scream before she was drowned in the sea of people. Punches and kicks came from the people and landed bluntly on the two. Hit after hit, by the end, someone had actually taken off their shoes and slapped the sole of the shoe against the matriarch's body.

Huang Quan and Wang Chuan watched this with smirks on their faces. Wang Chuan was a little worried and asked Feng Yu Heng: "Will they end up beating them to death?"

Feng Yu Heng raised an eyebrow: "She invited these people on her own. Right now, the nest has rebelled. Even if they beat her to death, what does that matter to me?"

Once this was said, Yao Xian, who had been standing to the side, finally let out a laugh, "This is my granddaughter! This is what our A-Heng should look like!"

Huang Quan smiled and corrected him: "Divine doctor Yao, she is your daughter's daughter!"

Yao Xian waved his hand, "What daughter's daughter. She is just my granddaughter. This old man only has one daughter in this life. In the generation of grandchildren, I only have one girl. She is extremely dear to me. Since the Feng family does not wish to recognize her, she is my Yao family's daughter. There is no talk of her being the daughter of my daughter. She is my granddaughter."

Feng Yu Heng also smiled and said: "Un, then I will call you paternal grandfather instead of maternal grandfather in the future."

After saying this, the two exchanged a glance and smiled at each other. In the eyes of Huang Quan and Wang Chuan, this smile was just a doting love from a grandfather for his granddaughter, but Feng Yu Heng and Yao Xian knew that this was regaining their most basic relation.

The Feng matriarch was beaten, yet not a single imperial guard in front of the county princess' manor stepped forward to stop it. Feng Yu Heng also stood on the imperial carriage and watched for a while. Only when the Feng manor's side heard the disturbance, and He Zhong came running out with some people, did they manage to save the matriarch and Fen Dai.