481: Unexpected News

When the members of the Feng family heard that Zhang Yuan had come, they felt their heads swell, especially Feng Jin Yuan. Every time that Zhang Yuan came, it was never for something good. For Feng Yu Heng, it would always bring an endless amount of pleasant surprises. On this current night, the Feng family was conducting a funeral and did not know why Zhang Yuan had made this special trip.

No matter what was said, Zhang Yuan was someone favored by the Emperor. If he came, Feng Jin Yuan had to lead the Feng family's people over to receive him. Moreover, he remembered something very important, thus he anxiously asked He Zhong: "Did Zhang Yuan say why he has come to the manor? Has he come to hand down an imperial decree?"

He was deathly afraid that Zhang Yuan had come to announce an imperial decree. Fortunately, He Zhong shook his head: "I did not hear anything about an imperial decree, nor did I see eunuch Zhang bring an imperial decree." Feng Jin Yuan let out a sigh of relief. It was good if it was not an imperial decree. Who knew that He Zhong would immediately add: "It's possible that there were verbal imperial instructions?"

Feng Jin Yuan trembled once more and wanted to begin cursing. What was the difference between an imperial decree and verbal imperial instructions?

Finally, he led all of the children over to the front yard and saw Zhang Yuan standing in the yard with some other eunuchs. Upon seeing Feng Jin Yuan arrive, he did not move aside from bowing slightly and saying: "This servant greets Official Feng."

Feng Jin Yuan was feeling very resentful. In truth, he looked down on eunuchs because he believed that castrated people were disgusting. They were neither men nor women, and they would die without any children. They could not even be considered people. But it was because these castrated people worked for the families with power, as long as they received the favor of someone in power, these lowly creatures would be able to ascend to heaven. For example, Zhang Yuan was the most typical example.

In the past, when Feng Jin Yuan was still the prime minister, Zhang Yuan would still give him a bit of face. Now that he had been demoted to a fifth-ranked official, he did not even bother saluting him when greeting him. He just maintained his condescending attitude as though it was the damn eunuch that was the true first-class existence.

Feng Jin Yuan was filled with anger, and his attitude became a little poor. Coldly snorting, he asked: "I wonder, for what purpose has eunuch Zhang come so late in the night?"

While saying this, he adjusted his mood. Otherwise, if Zhang Yuan opened his mouth and said "I came to pass along his Majesty's verbal instructions" what could he do? Also, Fen Dai had just become engaged to the fifth prince. He must not disrupt that matter because he had offended Zhang Yuan.

Thinking like Feng Jin Yuan's earlier feeling of sorrow caused by Zhang Yuan's bad attitude was slowly adjusted, thus he was about to say a little more to adjust the awkward atmosphere, but before he could say anything, he saw Zhang Yuan suddenly step forward and sweep his robe before kneeling on the ground.

Feng Jin Yuan was given a fright and thought to himself what had happened. Had this Zhang Yuan found a conscience and knew that he should salute him? The result was that he heard Zhang Yuan say: "This servant greets county princess." Only then did he know that he was kneeling to Feng Yu Heng, which caused him to flick his sleeve in anger and take half a step back.

Feng Yu Heng stepped forward and helped Zhang Yuan up, saying: "Eunuch Zhang, please get up. You serve father Emperor and have performed great deeds. In the future, you must not salute me so grandly."

Zhang Yuan then said: "What is county princess saying. A servant kneeling to their master is something deemed righteous by the heavens." He then raised his head and said to Feng Yu Heng: "The medicine that county princess sent, his Majesty said is very good. He has been saying that county princess is the one that thinks of him the most."