483: Attending Court

Feng Jin Yuan's words brought about the end of Jin Zhen's life. In the instant that Jin Zhen was taken away by a hidden guard that had suddenly appeared, no matter if it was An shi or the Cheng shi sisters, they all felt their bodies turn cold. The person that they had married never expressed many emotions, and women were nothing more than tools for him to use, or they were people that provided him with practical help in a collaboration. How could that even remotely be considered a married couple. Once they had no further use, or once they represented a threat to the Feng manor, they could be given up on at any time.

Feng Yu Heng returned to the county princess' manor, and the servants brought Zi Rui back to sleep. Xiang Rong, however, remained with her. Trembling with trepidation, she remained on edge.

Feng Yu Heng felt helpless and could only bring the girl back to her own room. After getting washed up, she said to her: "Just squeeze in with me. Either way, we won't be able to sleep for long. We will need to get up very soon to get ready to attend court."

Just the mention of attending court caused Xiang Rong to nearly break down, as she asked with a somber expression: "Second sister, can I choose to not go? All I did was report it. I don't think that I did anything important. There is no need for his Majesty to reward me."

Feng Yu Heng climbed onto her bed and patted the area beside her, gesturing for Xiang Rong to join her. Only then did she say: "Everyone hopes to receive a reward from his Majesty, but why is it that you want to retreat when you have clearly performed a service?"

Xiang Rong grabbed a corner of the sheets and held it tightly, begging: "Either way, I don't dare go. Second sister, how about I don't go. Can you put in a word for me? I'm begging you."

She rolled her eyes out of exasperation, "The Emperor had Zhang Yuan personally come with these instructions. Is there any room for you to say you won't go? Hah! Where has that fierceness gone from when you bullied the old fourth from the Xuan family with embroidery? Why have you become like a little white rabbit upon getting home?" Feng Yu Heng recalled that scene from the Yu Palace. Xiang Rong held a needle, while Xuan Tian Yi had a sleepy and fearful expression. It was truly too funny.

Xiang Rong was also feeling helpless, saying: "None of you were coming back, and it was so chaotic outside. The servants of the Yu Palace said that before his Highness the ninth prince left, he said that if I was feeling bored, I should teach his Highness the fourth prince how to embroider. I thought that this was an order and thought that his Highness the ninth prince wanted to use this to investigate something. Second sister, I gritted my teeth and did it! I was almost scared to death!"

Feng Yu Heng facepalmed. She knew that she had misunderstood. It turned out that this girl had treated it like an official order and done it. Forget it, she waved her hand and consoled Xiang Rong, "Not going to court is no longer possible. Right now, all you can do is to get some rest. Regain some energy, that way you can be a little more careful when going into the palace." Thinking a little more, she frankly added: "Seventh brother will definitely also be at court. You don't want to see him while looking exhausted, right?"

Xiang Rong's face turned red. Without another word, she dove into the blankets.

Feng Yu Heng laughed, as she finally managed to get the girl to lie down. At this time, Wang Chuan returned from the Feng manor and quietly said to her: "Lord Feng has sentenced Jin Zhen to be buried with the dead."

Feng Yu Heng did not react much, but Xiang Rong trembled in the blanket. She poked her head out once more, and her eyes were filled with a bit of horror.

Feng Yu Heng gave Wang Chuan a look to leave then lay down at Xiang Rong's side then suddenly asked in a quiet voice: "Do you feel that I am too fierce at times?"