410: Permanent Disability

When Feng Yu Heng revealed her set of tools, Song Kang nearly dove forward and kneeled to her.

"This... this is..." He began to stutter, staring at the set of things wide-eyed. He recognized some things, while there were others that he did not, but even if he did not recognize them, he had spent over a decade researching the things that Feng Yu Heng had called surgical tools. How could he not understand that these were all top-tier tools used in the secret technique!

Song Kang's entire body trembled. He was truly too moved. These things that only existed in his imagination, and some that did not even exist in his imagination, were actually placed directly in front of him. Song Kang did not have time to worry about where Feng Yu Heng pulled these items from. He just hoped that these things could belong to him!

He subconsciously reached out to snatch them, but who knew that Feng Yu Heng would move her sleeve and, like magic, immediately made the set of tools disappear from in front of Song Kang.

The hand that Song Kang had extended came up empty and crashed onto the table.

He could not accept this reality. He looked like the Feng family's matriarch when someone had placed money in front of her then taken it away. Clawing at the table with all ten fingers, it was as though he was trying to scratch the tools out of the wood.

Xuan Tian Ye, who was lying in bed, saw him like this and could not help but angrily shout: "You worthless thing!"

This shout gave Song Kang a reminder, as his nerves shook. He seemed to have realized something and turned to look at Xuan Tian Ye. He then looked at Feng Yu Heng, and his mind began to recall the things that he had heard related to this county princess Ji An on his way to the capital from the North. He had heard that she had mystical hands that could save someone from death.

In truth, Feng Yu Heng had not truly saved that many people with her own two hands. In fact, she had never gone out of the capital to treat anyone's illness. But the one that was spread around the most was her most mystical achievement. It was when she had revived a person that had already died in front of Hundred Herb Hall. There was also Princess Xiang, who had been ill for a long time without getting better. Fortunately, after county princess Ji An finished taking care of her, the third prince used an entire jade mine to express his thanks.

These two things were spread by the citizens as being miracles, especially the time when she had revived a dead person. That was too deeply rooted in the hearts of people.

Song Kang had heard this the entire time and thought that they were just rumors, but when he heard what Feng Yu Heng had said, and he had seen the tools that she had revealed, Song Kang suddenly understood that the citizens were being reserved in their rumors. The secret techniques that he had seemed to be nothing compared to what county princess Ji An had. She did not appear shocked, and she casually pointed out the problems that he had struggled with.

He had some guesses in his mind. After thinking a little, he asked Feng Yu Heng: "You said that disinfecting is a must, and tools are a must, then what must be done after performing the secret technique? Do you know what will happen after?"

Feng Yu Heng corrected him: "It's called surgery. It's not called a secret technique. Not preparing professionally beforehand, using incorrect surgical methods, using an unsuitable transplant organ and not monitoring the situation closely after the surgery will directly result in postoperative complications. Once these complications arise, based on your ability, there is no chance of reversing the desperate situation."

She used the term professional, which Song Kang did not quite understand, but he was a smart person. In this sort of era, he was able to study some incomplete images and research the basic foundations of surgery. How would he not have the ability to analyze what Feng Yu Heng's words meant. Moreover, the so-called postoperative complications were things that he had experienced before many times. Everything was clearly going very well, but the person that had been treated suddenly experienced a change, as all kinds of situations arose, leaving him quite helpless.