656 - 660

Strange Man

Feng Yu Heng did not know who Xuan Fei Yu was talking about with this strange man. There were many guests, and it was hard to prevent someone from leaving the front yard to walk to the other parts of the manor. This could also be considered normal. But if a strange man appeared outside of the bride's courtyard, that was a little hard to explain.

At this time, the rain had already stopped. She handed the two children off to Qin shi then advised the two children to not run around anymore. Only then did she stand up, bringing Wang Chuan and Huang Quan away.

The current Yao manor, formerly Feng manor, was a place that she could not be more familiar with. Yao Shu currently lived in the courtyard that Feng Zi Hao had lived in. Speaking of, it was quite far away from the front yard.

The three walked in that direction; however, the two maidservants did not know what their young miss was planning.

At the same time, the strange man that Xuan Fei Yu had described was indeed outside of the newlyweds' courtyard. He was currently dealing with two maidservants, with one of them saying: "The guests that have come to celebrate should head to the front yard!"

It was very clear that this person had been here for a long time. It was such that the patient servants of the Yao family began to feel irritated. Most importantly, it was unacceptable. A man coming to the courtyard of a newlywed bride and insisting on seeing her, what sort of situation was this?

The man listened to the advice of the maidservant but was unwilling to give up, continuing to plead: "Just let me see her once. I really have something that I need to talk to her about."

"You can't, you can't." The two servants were very resolute, and they even called for more people to firmly block the entrance.

The ruckus outside disturbed the newlyweds inside the room. Lu Yao, who had been seated on the bridal bed, suddenly lifted her veil with a look of terror.

The people inside her room were two maidservants and a wet nurse that had come with her. Seeing that their young miss had become disoriented, they quickly went to comfort her. The wet nurse fixed the veil and urgently said: "Young miss! Today is the day of your wedding. The veil must not be touched. You must wait until the bridegroom has returned at night, when the veil will be lifted."

How could Lu Yao be willing to listen to such a thing at this time. Her face paled from fear, as she grabbed the wet nurse's hand and asked with a trembling voice: "Did you hear that? Was it him that came? Huh? Was it him that came?"

Her voice was filled with extreme fear. The wet nurse was now on the older side, and her hearing was no longer as sensitive. For a while, she did not know what had happened and had a look of confusion on her face.

As for one of the maidservants to the side, she said: "It seems that there is a voice from the outside, and... it's a man's voice."

Just these words caused the wet nurse to seem to have recalled something frightening, as she nearly leaped up in shock. Lu Yao urgently said at this time: "It's him! It's definitely him! My hearing is definitely not wrong. Wet nurse, what should we do? What should I do?"

The wet nurse was a bit panicked, but she was still a bit steadier than Lu Yao. While consoling Lu Yao, she said to the two servants: "Quickly go outside and take a look at who exactly is causing a fuss."

The two servants trotted outside. When they returned, their expressions also showed horror. One of them said: "Young miss, young miss was right. It really is him. He came!"

Lu Yao opened her mouth in shock, "How is that possible? Why would he come? Didn't father send him out of province? Wasn't it said that he could never return? Why did he suddenly appear here?"