425: Cut at the Waist

Feng Jin Yuan brought the Cheng shi sisters and went straight to the Xiang Palace. Of course, this was not out of respect for their shared position of head wife. It was because he needed to borrow their power to give himself some standing.

What exactly had happened at the Xiang Palace, the Feng family did not truly know, but when Feng Jin Yuan heard that the Empress had sent a body-inspecting granny and the pristine jade star chart, he was already able to guess the reason.

But he felt a little odd. Chen Yu had clearly told him that she was already fine. At that time, it did not look like Chen Yu was lying. After that, he understood that Chen Yu had spent a large amount of money to ask Feng Yu Heng, who loved money. At that time, Feng Chen Yu had a large amount of money from the Chen family, and she used this to ask Feng Yu Heng to take action. This was not an impossibility. But it now seemed that he still forgot about something. After Yao shi and her children returned to the capital, Chen Yu had collaborated with the Chen family multiple times to try and harm them. Although Feng Yu Heng handled all of them, even though some of them were fatal attempts, he still protected Feng Chen Yu from punishment multiple times. That second daughter was one that bore grudges. How could she possibly allow for Chen Yu to successfully marry into the Xiang Palace.

Thinking like this, his heart was filled with even more anxiety. He hurried the driver to go faster multiple times. Finally, after being shouted at, the driver stopped in front of the Xiang Palace's entrance.

Feng Jin Yuan hastily climbed out of the carriage and quickly walked in. The Cheng shi sisters followed behind him. Looking at each other, they understood what the other was thinking.

They had heard news of Feng Yu Heng participating long ago. This time, for Chen Yu's grand wedding, not only did she and Princess Xiang collaborate, even their aunt had a part. The sisters had made up their minds long ago. During this trip to the Xiang Palace, they would not move according to Feng Jin Yuan's desires. They would move in accordance with county princess Ji An, Feng Yu Heng's desires.

When the Feng family members arrived, the people that had been discussing things in the yard gradually lowered their voices. One of the officials that usually stood next to Feng Jin Yuan in court came over and whispered the situation into his ear, causing Feng Jin Yuan's face to turn pale. He could practically guarantee that those words had been tattooed by Feng Yu Heng. For a moment, an anger welled up inside him, and he wanted to rush into the hall to question what exactly Feng Yu Heng wanted to do!

But when he walked into the hall and saw the ninth prince, Xuan Tian Ming, sitting next to Feng Yu Heng, those words that had rushed to his lips were helplessly swallowed back down.

He led his wives and saluted the princes. When he lowered his head, he looked behind him and saw Feng Chen Yu sprawled out on the sill of the hall's entrance. Her face was pale, and there was blood coming from the corners of her mouth. This made it clear that his daughter had been hit.

But what could Feng Jin Yuan say? What did he dare say? He understood at heart Chen Yu's matter. Now, he just needed to see how deep this hole had been dug. Once this situation had been resolved, not to mention Feng Chen Yu, perhaps even he would no longer continue being the prime minister.

He stood up in fear and looked at the third prince. With a guilty conscience, he asked: "Your Highness, what exactly happened?"

Xuan Tian Ye's expression sank, but he did not speak. Instead, it was Duan Mu Qing that said: "Lord Feng, that's the good daughter that you raised! Defamation is your family's problem, but just because you are shameless, do not assume that everyone else is just as shameless!"

His words were extremely severe. The word shameless slapped Feng Jin Yuan's face and left a pain as though he had been burned by fire. For the dignified standard first rank official to be insulted by a deputy leader from the border, even if he ignored him, he could not bear to endure this.