786 - 790

Eighth Prince, You Need to Save Face!

To Feng Yu Heng, the lie about the Persian master was a bit like the story of "the second boot,"* as it continued to keep her heart on edge from not knowing when it would fall. Although she did not know what the end result of today would be, as this was the first time that this had been exposed, after all, Feng Yu heng let out a long sigh internally. The heart that had been on edge was also relieved. When she looked toward the eighth prince, it was before the dancers came inside, and she gave him a faint smile then bowed, saying: "Thank you."

Speaking truthfully, the eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, was a bit doubtful about her saying thank you and her smiling expression. He began harboring doubts about the Feng family's second daughter since long ago. At the banquet two years prior, when Feng Yu Heng had hit the middle of the target with three arrows, everyone cheered; however, he felt that something was off. At that time, Feng Yu Heng was just a 12-year-old little girl. Even if she had spent three years with a remarkable master in the Northwest for three years, this was too remarkable. These princes had also trained in martial arts since they were young, but he had never heard of anyone learning so much in three years. Also, it was to the point of being able to do it consistently. Even the best archer in old ninth, Xuan Tian Ming, could not do it.

Ever since that moment, Xuan Tian Ming became suspicious. Later on, he had gone South; however, he continuously received information from the capital. All of the things that Feng Yu Heng had done reached his ears, and he became more and more suspicious from what he heard. He also became more and more shocked the more he heard. Gradually, he began wanting to inquire about it.

Speaking of, it was not as thought Xuan Tian Ming had not thought of helping Feng Yu Heng hide it, but he himself did not understand what was going on with Feng Yu Heng. Secondly, Feng Yu Heng's wondrous space left him feeling uncertain about where to begin. Just like this, the matter was dragged on until this moment. Dancers from Persia entered, and a foreign sound rose. All of the people with thoughts relating to Feng Yu Heng and the Persian eccentric pulled back their thoughts and turned their gazes toward the front of the hall.

Persian girls had noses with high arches and larger eye sockets. Their skin was slightly darker than those of people from Da Shun, but the outlines of their faces were distinct. They were curvaceous and looked to be even more interesting than the people of the South. This was not all, as the people had seen the princess of Gu Shu's dance during the Mid-Autumn Festival's banquet. They all felt that her clothes were bold and were not within what the dancers of Da Shun would wear, but her dance was still very pretty, thus they did not think much of it. At that time, the people felt that Gu Shu was an open-minded country, but when they saw the dancers from Persia, their understanding of "bold" was shaken once more. These dancers also had embroideries on their faces, as there was not a single one without some sort of design embroidered on their face. Although they were all wearing colorful veils, the embroidery on their face was extremely visible.

While the other people were gasping in admiration, Feng Yu Heng admired the Persian dancers. At the same time, she felt the eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, occasionally cast a glance in her direction.

Finally, one song came to an end; however, the dancers did not retreat outside the hall. They just took a step back, seemingly waiting for something. At this time, the eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, stood up and faced the Emperor to speak; however, Xuan Tian Ming rushed to speak first, and he said something that was very shocking: "Eighth brother, I just don't understand. If you want to watch a dance, just watch the dance, but what are you looking at our Heng Heng for? She is your younger sister. As her elder brother, is staring at your younger sister during a banquet good?"

Xuan Tian Mo stopped the words that had reached his mouth and turned to look at Xuan Tian Ming, slightly furrowing his brow: "Ninth brother, what do you mean?"