470: Truth Mixed With Lies

"Bring along Duan Mu Qing's corpse." Xuan Tian Hua ordered Ban Zou then grabbed Feng Yu heng: "Don't look anymore. Let's go back to the city."

Five people and one corpse quickly ran in the direction of the northern city gate.

The capital was filled with soldiers carrying longer lanterns. The citizens had already begun to notice that something was off, thus they all returned home and tightly shut their doors and windows. Even brothels and bars stopped their singing and dancing.

Xuan Tian Ming rode his horse with Wang Zhuo. Behind them were countless hidden guards blending in with the night. In their hurry, who knew how many stalls were knocked over, nor did anyone know how many long lanterns were collected. From time to time, the sound of people groaning for the last time in their lives could be heard. Following these groans, thumps could be heard. The long lanterns would fall to the ground and catch fire then quickly get put out. It was as though they never existed, to begin with.

As the group passed through the streets, Bu Cong let his team of heavily armored guards looked up into the distance. To his side, a high-ranking military official said: "General, the direction we are looking in is the direction of the imperial palace."

Bu Cong nodded, "Over the course of this night's activities, we have suffered no shortage of losses from all of the killings. Following this, it's about time that we take the stage outside the imperial palace. Whether this matter succeeds or fails, we will be able to see the importance of his many years of planning."

"General is correct." The official said: "According to the plans, we should be going to the Yu Palace to meet up with his Highness the fourth prince."

"What's the rush." Bu Cong slightly raised his head, and a complicated expression appeared on his face, "This general cannot be certain whether the ninth prince will successfully be stopped outside of the palace's gates. If there were any unexpected difficulties, and his Highness the fourth prince was to come out now, wouldn't things be a little troublesome? This general and his Highness the fourth prince are allies. I definitely cannot allow him to be put in harm's way."

The official nodded and looked at him with gratitude and admiration: "General has great foresight. This subordinate admires that greatly."

"Enough, quickly go and patrol the area. Gather our people. We cannot allow for any more casualties." Bu Cong pushed the official, "Everyone should split up and act on their own. Gather everyone in the central square of the city. Go quickly!"

"This subordinate obeys!"

Bu Cong gave the order and everyone dispersed in all directions. They were thinking the same thing as the official. They all thought that he was thinking of his Highness the fourth prince; however, who knew that the area that Xuan Tian Ming had just been through was now filled with Xuan Tian Ming's troops and not their own. With them separating now and not focusing their power, they were gifting their lives over.

Whether or not they gave away their lives was not something that Bu Cong cared about. Seeing the people walk off, he curled his lips into a smile full of conspiracy.

Go ahead! Everyone should go! Dog eat dog, it was best if they fought a battle to the death. It would be best if they all died. That would be the best ending.

What fourth prince and third prince. What of the ninth prince. He was only too anxious for all of them to die. He was an older brother. He could not choose to not get revenge for Bu Ni Shang, but he could not bear to get revenge against Feng Yu Heng. That was why he hated the Feng family, he hated Xuan Tian Ming and he hated the fourth prince, Xuan Tian Yi, who treated the Bu family like a tool. None of these princes were any good. It would be best if they all died in this mess. Either way, this world did not belong to his Bu family. Either way, he had already secretly transferred all of his relatives in the Bu family. Right now, Bu Cong did not fear anything. He was just waiting for the imperial Xuan family to also need to experience a funeral. He wanted the old emperor to also experience the taste of losing a family member.