457: Have the Elder Madam Get Up to Welcome Them

This sort of unexpected situation did not just cause Feng Jin Yuan to feel confused. Feng Yu Heng was also surprised.

The Feng family was currently planning a funeral; however, someone had come to present celebratory gifts. Her first reaction was: It shouldn't be someone that has come to deliberately cause trouble, right?

The group got out of the imperial carriage, and Wang Chuan looked for a while at the servants carrying things from the carriage and said to Feng Yu Heng: "They seem to be from the Jing Palace."

"The Jing Palace?" Feng Yu Heng was puzzled. What sort of insanity had befallen the eldest prince to cause him to do this sort of thing in the middle of the night?

Just as she was thinking this, the Feng manor's gatekeeper ran over and immediately saw Feng Jin Yuan. He could not help but shout: "Master! You've finally returned!"

Feng Jin Yuan looked at the gatekeeper and was dazed. What was he doing? There was a white cloth hanging from his waist, and he wore a white headband. He also had a sorrowful expression, and he was completely lacking in spirit.

He then looked up at the entrance of the manor and saw white cloth draped over it. There was also a funeral banner, which made it clear... there was a funeral being performed.

Feng Jin Yuan's mind exploded with a "boom" sound, but when he looked at the celebratory gifts at the entrance, the confusion in his mind had reached its apex. Just as he was about to ask about the situation, the people that had come to send the gifts surrounded Feng Yu Heng. The one that looked to be in-charge said to Feng Yu Heng: "County princess, us servants have waited for you here for a long time, and you have finally returned."

This person's voice was shrill, and it sounded as though someone was pinching his throat. Feng Jin Yuan was stunned and immediately realized that this person was a eunuch. Looking a little closer, was this not the main eunuch of the Jing Palace?

He quickly cupped his hand and said: "So it was head eunuch Liu that had come. I don't know why head eunuch has come to visit at this hour, has something happened?"

Eunuch Liu did not even glance at Feng Jin Yuan and acted as though he did not hear what he had said. He just spoke in a fawning matter to Feng Yu Heng, saying: "Originally, we wanted to send them to the county princess' manor, but when this servant heard that you had not yet returned, this servant was thinking of waiting outside."

Feng Yu Heng heard this and wanted to laugh. If you wanted to wait, just wait in front of the county princess' manor. Why come over to the Feng manor? It was clear that the manor was preparing for a funeral. With these large red chests being brought to the entrance, was this not causing the Feng family to get upset.

But whether or not the Feng family got upset was unrelated to her, especially when she saw Feng Jin Yuan's humiliated expression, she felt quite entertained. Thus she smiled and asked the eunuch: "Why does eldest brother want to send these things to this county princess?"

The eunuch had a look of joy on his face, as he nearly leaped with joy, "County princess! Our manor's secondary princess is expecting!"

"Really?" Feng Yu Heng also began smiling happily. After returning from the military camp, she had treated Xuan Tian Qi's illness. She had waited for this news for a long time. Now that she heard that the palace's secondary princess was expecting, she was truly happy for the eldest prince.

Eunuch Liu nodded fervently, and his face was all smiles: "Really! It's all true! Not only is the secondary princess expecting, another two concubines that were just brought in have also been diagnosed as expecting. His Highness is so happy that he cannot sleep. He hurried this servant to bring out the best things in the palace's warehouse to be sent to county princess!"