631 - 635

Intimidation Coming From Imperial Daughter Ji An

Fang Yi could see Feng Yu Heng's reaction but believed that she just wished to avoid doing anything to arouse suspicion, resulting in her no longer moving forward. Lifting the curtain, she went in first and said: "Your Highness, imperial daughter Ji An has arrived, saying that she will take a look at your illness."

At first, the Empress had been a bit unhappy from hearing what imperial concubine Yuan Shu had said. In addition to her body not being well, upon hearing that Feng Yu Heng had arrived, a bit of joy finally appeared on her face: "Quickly invite the imperial daughter in." After saying this, she glanced at imperial concubine Yuan Shu and warned: "When it comes to certain things, do not speak nonsense. Old ninth's wife is not someone that is easy to handle. Be careful that a dignified imperial concubine Shu will not be able to handle this situation."

Just after her warning was given, she saw Feng Yu Heng walking in behind Fang Yi. At first, she bowed to the Empress, saying: "A-Heng greets your Highness the Empress. Your Highness, please be assured."

The Empress was all smiles, quickly having Fang Yi help her stand up. She then said: "Over the past few days, this One has been thinking about you. If you didn't come for this illness, perhaps it could not be treated."

"Your Highness, don't worry. Hasn't A-Heng arrived!" She smiled and stepped forward. Looking at imperial concubine Yuan Shu, she grandly said: "This noble madam appears to be familiar. Thinking about it, I must have seen her at one of the imperial banquets; however, which imperial concubine is she?"

Imperial concubine Yuan Shu felt that she had lost face. In any case, she was the eighth prince's birth mother, yet this imperial daughter Ji An had said that she did not recognize her. With a fake smile, she said: "This One is his Majesty's imperial concubine Shu. You may greet me!"

Feng Yu Heng smiled and did not argue with her too much. She just bowed and said: "Greetings to imperial concubine Shu." She then stood up on her own without wasting any words with imperial concubine Shu. Walking over to the Empress' side, she did not say anything before grabbing the Empress' wrist to begin the examination.

While checking the Empress' pulse, imperial concubine Yuan Shu did not continue to speak; however, she continued to sit there, reluctant to leave. She wanted to see what sort of illness it was.

After being examined for a short while, Feng Yu Heng let go and told the Empress: "There isn't anything too seriously wrong. It's just physical weakness. You will just need to take some supplements."

The Empress sighed: "The imperial physicians also said this, and I haven't had any shortage of supplements, but it does not seem to be improving. This One always feels powerless. At the start, I could still walk around in the yard; however, even getting out of bed is difficult now."

"Oh?" Feng Yu Heng was not too surprised. Getting sick in the imperial palace made it harder to get better than getting sick outside. First, the imperial physicians were more conservative, not daring to use some of the more potent medicines. Second, there were too many steps in the preparation of Chinese medicine. Any mistake on any step would result in a change in the quality of the medicine. This small mistake was also quite unexpected. She said to Fang Yi: "I will trouble aunty with retrieving the medicine being used by her Highness. If there is a medicine that has been prepared, bring it over for me to see."

Fang Yi glanced at the Empress, and the Empress nodded: "Go ahead."

She turned around and left. When she returned, she held a medicine along with the prescription. Behind her was a palace maid carrying the prepared medicine. It had a thick and bitter smell that caused imperial concubine Yuan Shu to frown.